customers not giving feedback on here.

edited August 2013 in General Vote Up5Vote Down
I've had 16 orders this month( busy for me!) but only one feedback. Haven't encountered this on other sites but customers don't seem to want to, know how to or cant be bothered to leave feedback. Is the quotation mark icon too small and not specific enough? took me a moment to wonder what they were for. Just me or has anyone else noticed this?
Never been one to push for feedback and just wait for them to appear once they have received their package.

Comments

• 19 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My experience is similar albeit on a different scale. I have 0 feedback out of 4 BO orders delivered. On another site I receive feedback on 75% of the orders. On both sites, I gently encourage feedback by sending a message stating that a discount coupon will be issued if feedback is provided, but that doesn't seem to work here. I don't push any further.
  • I think it is probably down to the type of customer. On the other site, the customers have usually been around for ages and know the deal. On here, all of our customers are new and are unlikely to leave feedback on their first few orders until they get to grips with how the system works.

Feedback is mentioned in the shipment confirmation e-mail that customers get.
  • Could we have a look at the text on the confirmation email? I have not ordered yet :-)!
    Would it be possible for each store to tailor the automatic confirmation email. I wouldn't have to send my usual message about a future coupon. Less work for me and less messages for the customer to read.
  • It might be a good idea to place an order to get an idea of the system for my customers perspective, I'm sure there's some Lego you must want :-)

I will consider making the e-mails editable to some extent later on. I have to tread the line between keeping a consistent experience for the buyer, but also letting stories differentiate themselves.
  • 23 orders 2 feedback on owl
    30 orders 23 feedback on bl
    over last 6 weeks
  • Yep I can agree. Very few feedback is left here on BrickOwl, but then again most of my customers were new to BrickOwl with zero feedback themselves. Some came through Rebrickable and probably have no further contact with BrickOwl beside the checkout process itself?
  • I hit my 50th order received today and I only got 5 feedback from buyers...
    I don't worry about it that much, but maybe I will send them a reminder to leave feedback in a few days?
  • As a customer only (so far) I have not gotten feedback on all of my orders, even though I have left feedback. Maybe something could be done to remind sellers of their part in this process as well.
  • edited August 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I hit my 50th order received today and I only got 5 feedback from buyers...
    I don't worry about it that much
    Much the same for us. 90% of our customers don't participate in feedback. As Admin alluded to earlier, it's a different demographic to the AFOL market. As long as they're placing orders, I can live with it. :)
  • Having noticed the same thing the thought that came to me was to question if stores could have a "number of orders shipped" somewhere.

I think this would inspire some more buyer confidence in sellers and the site in general. It looks like there is not much going on here. Even if you just listed the total orders so far on the site somewhere I believe this would be good for the site's image.

• Having noticed the same thing the thought that came to me was to question if stores could have a "number of orders shipped" somewhere.

I think this would inspire some more buyer confidence in sellers and the site in general. It looks like there is not much going on here. Even if you just listed the total orders so far on the site somewhere I believe this would be good for the site's image.

That would be good - just had a look - no orders have been marked received, and I am certain some have been.
    In the past my policy has been to leave feedback AFTER buyer has done so, now on the other place I leave feedback after order has been marked completed, here it seems the final step is "received" I feel there should be one further - "completed" other wise you have NO way to let folks know of a chargeback (in th eunlikely event it were to happen - after you have left feedback)

Graham
  • Could you explain further how an extra status would help with chargebacks?
  • IMHO, the only mandatory item for the buyer is to pay. Once they have done that I consider they have lived up to their end of the bargain. FB is very nice, but in the long run just an added bonus.
  • I don't consider feedback as a bonus but instead, a way to let the store owner know if they did a great job in terms of posting time or packing or offering free stuff, etc.

I agree that the buyer primarily needs to buy, i.e., pay therefore I leave feedback as soon as payment is received.

btw @admin I placed my first order to check out the process- very nice and smooth. I think I would only like to be able to edit the shipment notification. Keeping everything as is but adding an optional small paragraph specific for each store.

+1
  • Could you explain further how an extra status would help with chargebacks?
    Ah no I meant "item not as described" (which is usually the route TO a chargeback), IF the transaction was marked "completed" by buyer then in this case you would have proof that the buyer had signed off on the transaction, whereas "received" states just that - NOT that "everything is fine" if a seller could prove buyer had receipt of and accepted the goods there would be no grounds for a chargeback and PayPal SHOULD protect the seller - SHOULD being the word!
  • @bluedragon understood and noted

@Thunor okay, I'm afraid I don't want to add the extra status just for that purpose.
  • I will consider making the e-mails editable to some extent later on. I have to tread the line between keeping a consistent experience for the buyer, but also letting stories differentiate themselves.
    Have you considered something like a 'Premium Seller Package', with a monthly subscription fee maybe, where the seller could make their store more stand alone? Perhaps the option to integrate a domain, rather than just redirecting, (partially) remove the BrickOwl banner and extended customisation?