New Store Launch - Desbrickable Me

Hello Brick Owl Community!

After working on pages and inventory for a few days, I have just launched and opened my Brick Owl store front with around 13,000 parts, and many more coming soon. I have been selling on another marketplace for a few months, and very happy to be joining Brick Owl as well. I love the clean interface here, and I'm looking forward to becoming a buyer as well.

I ship all over the world, and no minimums. Come check it out.

desbrickableme.brickowl.com

I'm open to criticism so please comment with any feedback you have for me.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • To celebrate the launch I've just created a coupon code:

FIRST10 - First 10 customers to use the coupon get 10% off.
  • edited January 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down

I'm open to criticism so please comment with any feedback you have for me.
    Here comes the criticism! :)

You really need to configure your shipping methods... Customers here don't expect to have to request shipping quotes. They'll rather pick a store where they can see shipping rates, place the order and pay right away.

• Here comes the criticism! :)

You really need to configure your shipping methods... Customers here don't expect to have to request shipping quotes. They'll rather pick a store where they can see shipping rates, place the order and pay right away.
    I figured that comment might be coming. Expectations are very different here than on That Other Site. :)

I am just trying to figure out the best way to account for packaging weight. Just adding 10-20% for packing material never seemed like a great way to do weight bands to me. I want to give customers the best prices I can on shipping, and cover my costs without over-charging some customers. I have seen some places simply do Zone 8 prices and then refund the difference if it's over. That's not an ideal workflow either. Is the Brick Owl model working for most stores, or is it pushing them to simply offer flat rate shipping?

Thanks for the feedback! This will be my next change to the store - I'll figure something out and set them up this weekend.

-- Cameron
  • hi welcome to brickowl ! as stragus already mentioned i really recommend setting up your shipping methods. Besides this it will save you time and eventually money :) Good luck selling if you have any qeuestions just email me :)

Peter - Unbrickable
  • Done! I have analyzed a bunch of my shipments from previous orders, and set up what I think are reasonable weight bands that cover 90% of my probable orders. And I did this for all nine USPS International Price Groups. :) For the 10% of you that will order big/heavy things like huge baseplates, original boxes, and sets, etc, please continue to use Request a Quote and I'll get you the best shipping price I can.

-- Cameron