bricksync updated brickink id's

Hi,

I use bricksync to sync between bl and bo but bl has changed a lot of id's recently.
When i now update the prices in brickstore/stock prices are set to zero because of the moved ids.
Does bricksync automatically fix these id's or has this be done in another way ?

kind regards,
peter

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @pwpeter
    When BL changes ID's, your next BLmaster sync will destroy the lot's... that is inevitable.
    You need to check your bricksync log on regular bases to find out what is suddenly 'no longer known' on BO. These ID chances need to be updated in the BO database, either by running a text file with the updateBLID command (you update the old ID with the new ID), either by submitting the new ID on BO (then both ID's are known in the BO database). Once these new ID's are approved, at your next BLmaster update, your lot's will be recreated... So yes, it does require sellers attention, and updating if they wanna 'maintain' their availability synchronised. Those sellers who never pay any attention to such will slowly see lot's destroyed, and unless someone else updates the BLID's, they'll never have the items 'back' on BO ;-)
  • I'm not following too closely, I have been busy with a myriad things. What IDs have changed? I can submit them all in batches it they just added a '0' somewhere (like 3068bpb378 to 3068bpb0378).
  • @Stragus
    It's not just zeros this time (some have them have already been adjusted btw), but also bb's that received actual partnumbers (like ponchos), and belville parts that received an actual partnumber as well. Best way is to check the logs on BL, but keep in mind some item id's may have already been adjusted in the mean while on BO (I didn't check my logs after updating more then a dozen). Technicly you could do them all, some might get rejected... If I had more time I would follow catalog changes on daily bases, but the last few months have been quite busy for me.
  • Thanks for your reactions, i did know they change soms id's but i didnt know it is this much. No probleem to make an effory and change it, iets for the benifit of US all :D

I do not know the id's will sort it out this afternoon and update the ids .

2 questions :
    Why do they change the ids?
    Is there a log with the changed ids on bl?

• @pwpeter
    If you check your Bricksync logs you'll notice right away what is no longer matching.
    BL and some of their contributors are 'die hard' on 'consistancy', so that's why a lot of BLID's get changed.

Logs: catalog tab, then logs tab (bottom row, 3th from the right)), at bottom of page you can select 'Item Number Change': all of those should be submitted on BO to keep the sync up-to-date.
    I have some spare time tomorrow, so might go over a bunch.
    It would be good if we join forces on this, but we need to know who is doing what to avoid duplicates. Best would be to work by date, check which ones no longer match and file changes.

What I would suggest is to keep this private (anyone can join in) and create a private message thread with a bunch of people working on it so each knows what has been done. Can we try that? The BO message system allows to invite people to a personal thread, so we can simply create such a thread and all who wants can read and follow up on by posting a message in it, and others can join in later if they wish.

@Stragus will probably join in as well? Anyone else welcome...

Eric

• I just started using bricksync when I launched my BO store. I am not using BrickStock much for inventory purposes (yet). I did get some interesting messages in BrickStock last time I imported my Store Inventory, but since I was just viewing, I ignored them. Is there action I must take on a regular basis when BL changes IDs, or will bricksync just do it's thing?

-- Cameron
  • @cameronthorne
    Brickstock and Bricksync are 2 very different things, but basicly they both use the same information, but in a different way. On brickstock you can easely solve those 'unknown items', by using the 'update' tab. Brickstock stores the information of the database on your Harddrive, but when you don't update on regular bases, the data on your harddrive is simply 'outdated'. So to resolve that, just open Brickstock, go to the 'extras' tab and click 'update'. It will take a couple of seconds to update, after that, when you will import your store inventory again, you'll no longer have 'missing items' (except on customs lot's, for obvious reasons).
    Bricksync doesn't store data (except your personal store data and orders), it searches for a match, so when an ID is changed, the 'match' is gone, Bricksync can't solve that...
    I'm sending you a PM with a wider explanation on how to find those missing matches and how to solve them.
  • I'm sending you a PM with a wider explanation on how to find those missing matches and how to solve them.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning more.
  • @robernat If possible i would like to help with this.
  • @pwpeter
    You're very welcome to, and you don't need to ask :P
    The only thing we need to avoid is to not run the same items, as it would be a waste of time.
    So let's try the PM thing and add people along the way, when others join in. Best way would be to work trough the logs on BL and process a full day of changes and tell eachother what day was done (or week).
    I was planning to check some stuff today, but some other things came up.
    So just pop me a PM, and we'll keep eachother informed. Remember that some items might have been done by other members, so it's a case by case check, there is a Bricksync command that allows to check BLIDS versus BOID's, so if you don't have another way, use that command to find out whether there is a match or not. If no match, then you need to find out whether the ID was changed, or whether there has never been one, in some case, the item might not even be on BO, just overviewed some items from Cameron and plenty need to be created in the BO database (just did 2 stickers, and Cameron also had several instructions missing).

People who create sets manually on BO should also create the box and instructions, although the latter should be standard 'selected' and should rather be 'deselected' when there is no instruction, rare (and extreme rare there is no box/polybag). @Lawrence: could you change that in de coding please, that the creation of the box and instruction is automated, or at least 'preselected' when a set is created manually? It's safer to create them and have people use the delete button afterwards when there is no instruction or box in stead of the opposite, as people seem to forget to thick those boxes...

Eric
  • @Robernat that's the way it is at the moment