Unknown Part Numbers and Descriptions

The attached photo shows parts that we couldn't figure out the numbers for. Does anyone know any numbers or have a suggestion for a partial name that could lead to a description of the part?
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Clockwise from top left:

• technicly its a 4073
    6141 is only used for 'trans' colored parts :P
  • Not bad from memory though :)
  • Hi
    I have seen this parts on another site with the part number 55481C01, and named "train base battery holder". I can't see it here. Does it exist with another ref? I'm looking for buying one ( white or black).
    Thanks
  • Technically, that ID is mapped to the BOID 737429 in the BrickOwl database:
    http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-unnamed-electric-pneumatic-part-737429

But it currently has no image, a generic name, and no sellers... Anyhow, it's rare and $14 is rather expensive for a plain battery holder.

What about using a generic battery holder sold anywhere for 1.19$? And since rechargeable batteries only provide 1.2 volts, you can use one with 8 rechargeable batteries to provide 9.6V without any danger to Lego motors (they are designed with a huge safety margin, it seems the hardware was actually designed for 12 volts).
  • Thanks Stragus for your answer. The idea of an 8 battery holder is nice too.

I come with other questions. It's about all those parts without picture or name. Can't we have on Brickowl, when somebody doesn't know the name of a part, a place where this person can put a picture to hopefully have somebody identifiyng it before it is published as an "unknow and unpictured part"? ( just as we did above)
    Is there people buying those "unamed - unpictured parts", just by betting on whatever it can be for that price?
    In the same idea, now that you told me that the BOID 737429 is the part above, can I update the database with a picture, name, sizes, etc?
  • @philippcos
    If you can help, like uploading images and submit sizes, you're very welcome to join the list of people who *do* add names and pictures and sizes in the database ;-) (only the top 10 is being showed, there are offcourse more contributors):
    http://www.brickowl.com/points

And yes, some of those parts sell, oftenly because they are attached somehow to an inventory and people figure out what they are, or because they find them with another ID, like Peeron ID's (however many are not correct) even without the picture.

Cheers, Eric

PS 1 so go ahead, upload that image of yours (you do need to upload it under color 'white' and not under the uncolored parent)
    PS 2 If you need help identifying, just add @robernat in your post, and I'll be notified of your message and help you identify things when no one else is around.