Stripe

Has anyone else had a problem with stripe? I just got a charge back through them for over 200.00, they took the money from my account and said fill out the form on our site, it will go to the buyers bank and they will make a decision in 60 days to see if you get any money back. Stripe has no customer service. They have no phone contact. The form I was directed to is long and very little pertained to my situation. I have no ability with that form to put in any other information other then the questions they have on there. So I am out 841 pieces, three hours of employee hours, the shipping and the money I was paid for the order with little to no recourse. I no longer have stripe on either of my stores.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That would indicate fraudulent use of a credit card. I would contact the authorities nearest to where you shipped the order, and offer proof that the package was signed for if you have it. If said person used someone else's credit card, or their own but decided to do a chargeback, either one is likely to be fraud.

This isn't unique to Stripe, anyone paying with a credit card can do this providing they spend over a certain threshold (I think it's £100 in the UK for example). Had they gone through PayPal they could still have done it.
  • Yes but paypal has seller protection. I have had many chargebacks with paypal and was refunded for each one of them.
  • I would try contacting them by email through their site. I sent them a message when I joined, and granted it was a couple years ago, and Stripe was much newer then, but the response was within 24 hrs, and the customer service was excellent and personal.
  • They emailed me back, and told me that it was my responsibility to verify the zip code matched the billing zip code. They do not.
  • I thought PayPal seller protection didn't work in respect of chargebacks? Anyhow, either way, if you have delivery confirmation at the address you gave, then the fraudster is obviously at that address. Surely the police would be interested in this? In the UK you could also open a small claims court case against them - does something like this exist in the US?

On my Stripe dashboard there's an option to decline any payments where the postal/zip code doesn't match, is this a Europe-only setting perhaps?
  • I should try to contact the local goverment and ask them for your options. @hoddie, Where did you find this option, it should be really helpfull !
  • From the account settings option on the drop-down menu.
  • Stripe told me that does not translate to their site, so they don't verify zip code or CVS
  • CVC definitely does, this is from one of my BO payments. I don't use the post code verification because some European post codes can be formulated in various ways, so I check them myself.
    3.PNG 3.2K
  • I created a post a year or longer ago about CVC and zip code verification with Stripe.

By default it is off. For security we have it on, and it does indeed get verified by Stripe that it is correct or not. We realize some international payments may have issues with this but security of our customers and their payment information is priority. I have seen many payments fail on our end of Stripe, some 10 times in a row because someone could not verify their information.

Chris