Use to another site

Guys I can't place in the shipping on my recent order. O.O And hand a quote back to the guy. Isn't the place work like how Bricklink works? O.O How else would I charge for shipping after.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @ItsaGoodyear
    I assume you are speeking as a seller?
    Yes, if you have no shippingmethods set up, then the only way a potential customer has in your store is to 'request a quote' (so make sure you NEVER deactivate it). Once you provide the quote, the potential customer will have the option to 'check out', and then the price you quoted will be charged to the customer.

As stated in previous thread, you can define shippingmethods and shippingbands yourself, basicly you will 'pre define' shipment costs, based on your postal system.
    And as stated you can most likely also copy them from other US sellers who already have set them up and 'share' them.
    If you go to this page
    http://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/shipping_methods

and you click the large blue button 'shared shippingmethods', you'll be able to find methods from other sellers in your country. You can 'import' them and finetune them for yourself.
    Start with one, then test in your own store by filling a cart with items from your own store and then 'look' at the available shipping option to find out whether it fits for your cart.

Setting up shippingmethods does take a bit of time (+ finetuning later on) will probably make it a lot easier for yourself, and for your potential customers.

• How do I provide the quote O.O I have it and it looks pretty but there is no way to place how much shipping is on it.
  • Can you post a screen grab or take a photo of the screen.
    I'm not sure if we understand what you mean.
  • Whe you have a quote you can press the button enter quote and add the shopping costs
  • Ok this is what I am looking for {Removed} but Brickowls version of course.
  • There is no BrickOwl equivalent to that.

In summary:
    - You need to enable the "Request a Quote" shipping method here: http://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/shipping_methods
    - Make sure the method applies to every country.
    - Then, when a customer fills a cart and there are no other shipping methods available for your store, he/she will select 'request a quote' and you'll receive a message showing the cart and asking you to give a shipping cost.
    - Once you've done that, the customer receives a message confirming the shipping cost. At this point the customer can (a) ignore the quote and walk away, (b) empty the cart, same result, or (c) accept the quote and confirm the order.

You can view what quotes you've provided here (http://www.brickowl.com/mystore/quotes/history). If a customer changes or empties a cart, the quote becomes invalid and the whole process must begin again.
  • I should make clear, shipping, insurance, packaging and any other additional charges you would like to add, should all be included in the shipping cost on BrickOwl. There is no facility to add additional charges.