Quote Messages Recorded?

I seem to remember this being talked about before but can't remember what the outcome was.

Are Quote messages recorded?
If not they need to be!

I had a customer ask for a quote over the Christmas period.
In the quote he asked for Recorded Delivery on a small order, so I quoted a bit more in postage to cover the cost.

I guess about a week later he placed the order on the 3rd. (I can't see anywhere when the quote was sent, is that information anywhere to be found?)

I posted on the 5th but wondered why I'd quoted so much, so planned to contact him and give a refund on the postage difference.
later that day I had a message from him asking for the Tracking Number. At which point I remembered he wanted recorded delivery!!

I couldn't find any messages from him previously requesting the Recorded Delivery.

Luckily he was fine about it.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Markyd7
    Quote messages from a buyer are being 'recorded' but only in the quote request. They are not transferred to the order details, so *if* the buyer decides to make the purchase it's 'gone', this is a known 'system flaw' which has been addressed several times before. You can still check in the 'quotes' you gave, in the top dropbox, you can select 'quotes', if all have been given, you won't see any, but then you can select 'all quotes' and review the ones you gave, unfortunatly, the ones that did lead to an order are gone (so second 'flaw' of the system) from that list...

I sure hope these 'flaws' will be addressed in 2016 ;-)
  • Yes it's an ongoing problem for us too :(
    If you haven't already, perhaps you could consider adding your vote to my previous suggestion at:
    http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/4459/quote-notes-transfer-to-order-notes