BuyTool – Selection of Stores. (or lack thereof)

I have entered some 56 part numbers into a wishlist – close to complete – lets see who has all the parts and what they're worth.
First one in the list, has all but one part but it's drastically overpriced.
How 'bout trying the next store in the list. Looks good, only a few items not allocated.
I know there is a coupon awaiting my next order from a particular store – lets see what they have. To my surprise, the desired store is nowhere to be found! Can this be?
Suppose we go to the store – maybe its closed for vacation – we'll look, can't hurt. The store's front page shows they are currently active. Further, it shows reference to my wishlist, even the number of parts available! (46 of 56)
Back to the BuyTool. In the range of parts available, even plus 'n minus a few, no entry for the selected store? Can it be?
Knowing the BuyTool is Beta, could this be a known problem?
Am I missing something?

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What does the store show next to "Dispatches In"? Perhaps they've been excluded because this is set to too long? Only a guess.
  • @Hoddie: The store shows "Dispatches In 2-5 Days".
    This seems a practical dispatch period, not unusual.
  • Yeah, not sure then. Just that a lengthy despatch time can lead to stores temporarily being removed from listings, but can't be that in this case.
  • Could you expand on what you mean when you say the store is nowhere to be found?
  • @Lawrence Of approx. 100 stores listed, this store is NOT, it is nowhere to be found.
  • Perhaps the store has a lot limit in place, which would exclude it from appearing in WishList results.
  • Or the store is closed for a few days.
  • Or the store is closed for a few days.
    OP said it wasn't
  • At this point I must ask
    How Sensitive Are We To Discussing Specifics - ie. make the wishlist Public and identify the store in question?
  • @Eddie630
    you can make your whislist public anyway, a lot of potential buyers do... just click 'edit' of your specific whislist and on bottom of page you have a checkbox to make it public. The system has been designed for it. And I hope (as a seller) in future we'll have more tools to explore them, and potentially 'fill' whislistswould be great ;-)

When it comes down to identify the store, that's a bit trickier IMHO. Now if it simply turns out to be a system problem, then the people here on the forum might help out to figure out why this is happening, that's what most of us have been doing on many little bugs, either by discussing them publicly, either by talking in private with eachother, either by testing it. But on the other hand, if the reason is a setting by the seller that triggers this, it might just as well cause a debate, or an akeward exposure of the store, a less pleasant situation then.

Your best shot is to talk with Admin @Lawrence, after all he develops the site, and has tools to look into site issues of this kind, if it's a system problem, then he is your best shot to figure it out *and* prevent it from happening in future.

There is a contact button bottom of page (right side: contact us)
    http://www.brickowl.com/contact
    or you can contact him trough his profile:
    http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/profile/2/Lawrence
    See 'message' button under the blue bar.

Cheers, Eric

• @RobErNat: Per your suggestion, I've sent Lawrence a separate E-Mail. It will be interesting. Thank You.
  • Apologies for the delay, the store has a minimum lot average, which isn't compatible with the WishList functionality. Separately there was a bug that meant when a store had a minimum lot average of 0.01 it wouldn't be displayed on the storefront, this has now been fixed. I have contacted the store to let them know they may want to remove this.
  • @Lawrence: that is much more believable than 'dispatches in'. Probably a well hidden flaw that could have been unnoticed for another year - great work - Thank You. Can only hope other stores how this might effect them.
  • My apologies for trying to help.
  • It would be nice if the stores with "minimum lot average" could be used together with the wishlist, for example in an expert mode where the user confirms the the lot average is probably not reached.
    I'm currently trying to buy a wishlist where I need some items in such a huge amount that it would be enough for at least 50 other lots to meet the minimum lot average.
    I only found out about this problem because I saw the cheapest store while creating the wishlist. Now I have to look at all the items to find out which are sold by this store cheaper than by the wishlist assigned store. :-(
    All my problems would be solved with a forced selection of a store.
  • @eddie630 thanks for notifying your problem so it can be solved !! Although why should you handle a minimum lot average ? what are the possible benefits of it ?