Do reported buyers lose buying privileges

Had a buyer order three Bionicle 1x3 "eyes" earlier today in Pearl Light Gray. They then message me afterward, saying that they would rather have the items in Pearl Gold, if I had them. Before I had the chance to respond, the buyer immediately filed a Paypal claim, locking down the payment amount.

We are shipping out pretty darn quickly because of the holidays, in an attempt to get things there as soon as possible. Luckily we hadn't sent this order out yet. We have reported the buyer for filing a claim. However, what happens when claims are made? Are buyer accounts suspended/banned, or are buyers free to do the same thing again to another seller?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The right to change their mind would be protected in law here in the EU, though filing a PayPal claim could be seen as fraudulent. I'm pretty confident that in exchange for being unable to leave negative feedback, BO does and will remove privileges from repeat offenders.
  • @ScootersBricks
    All these reports are being send to Admin Lawrence, he reviews them (not sure whether case by case, or only when 'repeated')

I just went over the list of my canceled orders, checked the users and found 2 with 2 ONP reports and 1 member with 3, they still have their priveledges. 2 others have 6 of those, and they have been banned (see under 'role' in my screenshot)

I've also seen sellers with such indication. Either because they had fishy inventory (scam reports), either for non shipment.

In regards to your transaction, not much harm done, refund on Paypal (you loose 0.35, not the end of the world), cancel here and file a ONP as well (yes you can file several reports on 1 transaction)

Hope it helps.

Eric