what does "items missing dimension" mean ?

I added some minifigures to my store and then got that message. what did I do wrong ?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @2Lego19
    Nothing wrong on your side, it's just that for those particular figs, the site doesn't have the dimensions in catalog yet. If your figs are builded you can simply measure them and from the catalog page you can 'edit' the fig and submit the sizes, once approved they will be in catalog and the message you have will go away.
    As long as those don't have a size in catalog, your presetted shippingmethods (if you have any) will be falsified, as the system uses a generic size for all figs without measurements, and that size usually leads to a 'package' (depending on your presetted options offcourse).

by adding sizes, you would therefor not only be helping yourself and potential buyers, but any other seller and buyer on the site as well.

Submissions also lead to catalog points, so in time you can redeem those for prizes, so a nice incentive on top ;-)
  • thanks for the input. i'll try to get a measurement.
  • @2Lego19
    There is also the option to check in your inventory to find out what items needs submissions, pretty handy tool to know what you need to deal with, if you wanna have a 'tuned' store in regards to correct precalculations of (potential) orders...
    The more the data is correct, the better for yourself, as you'll have less refunds to make when buyers are overcharged on checkout ;-)
  • I mentioned this the other week, but it would be helpful to know that an item is missing dimensions at the time of adding it to my inventory rather than find out afterwards on " items missing dimensions" on the store dashboard.

I added approx 100 used minfigs the other weekend, which in itself can take quite a bit of time finding the catologue match and checking that all the items are correct, then individually bagging and filing away only to find that approx 60 of these are going to need pulling back out to be measured...... would have been much easier when i first had them in my hand
  • edited December 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @paul'sbricks
    Tip: when you look at minifigs, if the catalog page doesn't mention dimensions, it means there are none in catalog, if the catalog page does show (partial) dimensions, then you can tell right away whether or not you need to add details...
    Not so long ago I made this little screenshot for a customer who got overcharged because of missing data (I explained a little), might as well use it here to show the difference (top image: no dimensions data, bottom image: a fig 'with' dimensions data -see highlighted in blue-)

kindest regards, Eric
    FIGS.jpg 159.4K
  • Thnaks Eric, I'll look out for that next time