Arms for Fabuland figures

Unique on Brick Owl:
you can now buy (and list) replacement arms for Fabuland figures: BOID: 114028

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Awesome! What's the part number?
  • www.brickowl.com/search/catalog?query=114028
    There's no Lego ID, as these figures were always sold assembled.
    Thanks to Lawrence that he accepted to create the arms in the catalog, as unfortunately you often find Fabuland figures with damaged hands (arm with hand is just one piece). However, arms can be removed as easily as with normal minifigs.
    Heads can be removed easily too (almost like separating a technic towball connection). Separating torso/legs is a bit more complicated but can be done.
    Any interest to find these other Fabuland figure parts in the catalog, too?
    Renate

• ooh wow thats nice because i have a few of them laying around !! does it also apply for the old technic figures ?
  • I think that it would be fine to have Technic figure parts (which also remove easily) in the catalog. Just try to create these items. If in the remark field of the item creation you explain why you want to create this item, Lawrence is IMO open to such suggestions. That's what I did. I submitted creation of the Fabuland arms and explained that (1) these figures are no more produced and (2) often figures are found with broken arms and (3) the arms remove as easily as on normal minifigs. And the arms were approved in less than 24 hours. Lawrence is great!
    Renate
  • Notes along with submissions are massively helpful and allow me to make quick decisions without having to do any further research. Its also fine to have items without IDs, aslong as you're sure theres no ID on the part.
  • I didn't have too much hope that these older pieces would have separate part ID numbers. Not like they would today at least :-)
  • edited December 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Aladine
    Hi Renate, I saw them appear in catalog yesterday, good job!
    And yes, other subparts of Fabuland, Technic figs (subparts do have partnumbers), Belville figs, etc in catalog would be nice, it is something the AFOL community has asked for for many years on other plaforms, but it was always declined to avoid too much data (these days that shouldn't be a problem).
    Kudos to @Lawrence for accepting these subparts in the catalog, the precedent for much more similar subparts I hope :-)

Eric
  • Excellent the amount of Technic torso's I have missing limbs this would be great and I collect the fabuland and often replace the arms with modern minifigure one's but would be nice to be able to find correct one's Well done Aladine, Lawrence and everyone else