How active is this site?

O.O I was interested in being a store and made an account and everything.... But have not seen to much in activity so far. Is this place still considered active? Or a dead site? (I am just not sure... 100% serious question... Do not wish to offend.)

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This site is very active. I do have an average of 85 orders per month. I have looked at your store and the items you have listed. The items (wheels and rims) do sell, but not in high volumes. I think you have to add some more variety in the items you want to sell.

Frank
  • edited December 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Now, that's what I call a specialized store: 11000 wheels and tires, and nothing else. :)

So, your target customers would be the ones purchasing very large amounts of wheels. I'm sure they exist, but it may not be very common...

Edit: Also, set up your shipping methods! The customers here don't expect to have to request quotes except in unusual circumstances.
  • @ItsaGoodyear
    I don't consider a site that has generated near 1000 orders in my store in just over 2 years a dead site :P

My sales data for 2015 is higher then 2014, so the site is growing I assume, for most sellers, no doubt ;-)

Variaty is the key however
  • As a customer, not a seller, I'm in agreement with the above.
    Further, I would recommend that you review 'Wheel Hard-Plastic Small (6118)'. Besides another seller,who is going to buy 100 orange wheels?
    This a very active site.
  • Eddie- O.O I had a few people in the past actually buy 6118. Though it is a very low seller overall.

Steendorp- You would be shocked... I sell a lot of these wheels and tires overall. Which is why I haven't got a customer yet. Even a few small ones here and there.

Stragus- "We got spatulas and thats it!" XD Oh god I am getting to old to remember a fake commercial from Loaded Weapon..... Now thats a good movie XD Sorry going off track.

O.O Shipping Methods? I am bad with paperwork part of the business and setting up on places. What needs worked on Stargus? Where in my thing do I find and edit methods? (Sorry I am bad with setting stuff like that up)

Rob- I believe you :3 I just wasn't sure cause I found this site threw what looked like a virus advertising place so I was like "I hope this is a cool place" and when it led me here it didn't look virused so I set up.

And thank you all! I was just a little lost XD Again I am a noob.... And I sell stuff but Legos are very strange to sell for me cause I never done them to now. I am so use to action figures.
  • Goodyear:
    my reference was your minimum sales quantity for that specific item. Customers must order units of 100.
  • @ItsaGoodyear
    Shipping methods allow BrickOwl to compute the shipping rate, allowing customers to see their cart's shipping rate and place their order right away. No one likes having to request quotes!

My Store -> Settings -> Shipping methods
  • And there will be sellers around in your country who have 'shared' shippingcosts, this means you can simply copy them from someone if you look around a bit, I'm sure you can dig up some existing methods that would fit for your runnings ;-)
  • Edd- Order Units of 100?

Rob- Shared Shipping Costs?

Stragus- O.O But how would I know the shipping cost without the location first? Its different between from here to California compared from here to WV.

And sorry had a HUGE sale month so couldn't comment back till now.
  • @ItsaGoodyear It's your call, but I have heard of sellers tripling their sales once they set up their automated shipping methods.

And we are drowning in orders at the moment, this time of the year is crazy!
  • I get hit multiple times during the year all the time. Thats why I usually don't check into doing other sites. But I was hoping to do something with this. And I don't have any clue how to set up an automated system. Im use to taking picture and placing a price behind it. Then when someone buys I had them the shipping fee and BOOM done.

Thats why I am so confused right now with my first order here when I can't charge shipping.
  • edited January 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @ItsaGoodyear It's your call, but I have heard of sellers tripling their sales once they set up their automated shipping methods.

And we are drowning in orders at the moment, this time of the year is crazy!
    It went opposite way when I set up the shipping method, was busier and doing well under only Quotes before. May disable it and go back to Quotes then lol.

• I agree that BrickOwl is an active site but only if you are among the elite. I'm referring to the veteran established store or the mega large store. If you are a new store like myself you kinda sit back and watch and wonder what you are doing wrong. Or wonder if the room is too crowded already. I feel that my store has competitive prices with a good size and variety. I've been open for almost four months and being patient.
  • I agree that BrickOwl is an active site but only if you are among the elite. I'm referring to the veteran established store or the mega large store. If you are a new store like myself you kinda sit back and watch and wonder what you are doing wrong. Or wonder if the room is too crowded already. I feel that my store has competitive prices with a good size and variety. I've been open for almost four months and being patient.
    I started off with a similar inventory to yours and have now had 450+ orders. It might help if you made a few purchases from other stores to get some feedback, and perhaps it's worth checking your shipping and payment methods are correct, etc. You don't ship to Belgium and you've removed your shipping tables so I couldn't check that for you. Also, if you haven't already, you should consider enabling your affiliates, I get maybe 10-20% of my orders from Rebrickable and WallofBricks.
  • @2Lego19
    Your starting point must be: Rome wasn't build in a day... not in 4 months either, not in 4 years either. But regardless of any dissapointment along the way, the people from Rome kept building and improving their little town(s), and then one day it became a city, a world class city ;-)
    Basicly: you need to hang in there, you need to put in efforts to make something from your store, and you need to keep building it... Hate to say it, but if you're a new store, you DON'T sit back and watch and wonder... (just repeating your own quote).

I just gave your store a little check, you claim having competitive prices, yet when I look at the catalog entries just for minifigs, there are 15-25 stores in US with better prices then yours on each and every minifig I checked, the amounts available surpass the demand (well, most are from the LEGO movie theme, 'hot' when the movie was running, less interesting now), so what are the chances for you to sell them at your 'competitive' prices?
    Besides that, your inventory is fairly small (like 125 lot's, dunno how many parts), a good running store needs thousands of different lot's (at least 1000 to 2000) and at least 20.000 parts in stock devided over those lot's, yet you claim variaty, my latest online order conatined 69 lot's and a total of 736 parts. Lot's wise, that's half your store (again dunno how many parts that represents in your store), but that's because in the past decade I have been building my store, compared to 'now' my early selling years where quite lame...
    None of us 'veterans' got where we got by sitting around and watching and wondering... nope, most of us 'worked'... real hard, and for very low returns the first years , and I really mean years, not weeks, not months, YEARS.
    Don't take this in a bad way, dont' let it demotivate you, that is not my intention ( and in 2009 I really had a bad time myself and almost wanted to give up selling LEGO), I'm just trying to make you realise that you don't achieve anything by sitting around and do nothing.

Good luck!

Eric