Order Issue Workflow

I've posted about this before but i have a serious problem with the current design. Currently an "order issue" reported by a buyer goes ONLY to my personal email. There is NO copy of the message in BO messaging and NO comments attached to the order and NO dashboard notification.

My store is run by a staff of multiple individuals. They do not work from my personal email, they work from BO screens. I had a dispute that got buried in my email for a week (I get hundreds a day). This has to change. How can we be expected to promptly address any buyer concerns if the staff has no way to see them?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I agree. If the issue is reported in the Order, in the BO system. It should then be viewable in the BO system by the seller.
    +1
    Chris
  • In full agreement.
    +1
  • Guess I need to say +1 as well on this one, these really need to be attached to orders and logged on BO, if ever a persons mail is down (which doesn't prevent login in with other devices), or the message enters the spam box of the i-net provider, the seller is totally unaware there IS a problem...

from my old mails:

PM to BO send 27/12/2014 8:04

Lawrence,

Why is this showing nowhere on BO (message system), neither attached to the order overview, also no banner or such ?

Eric
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Saturday 27 December 2014 2:20
    Subject: A new issue has been reported

• edited December 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Lawrence just added a new page listing all pending issues ( http://www.brickowl.com/mystore/orders/issue_reports ), nice!

@Lawrence Is it supposed to be possible to close or remove past issues? My only open "issue" is from a customer who didn't know how to pay, for an order that has been paid, shipped and received more than an year ago. :)
  • All current issues are considered "resolved", new issues will have a button to mark them resolved. So the page is mainly historical for records
  • I've just changed that to make it clearer now
  • I don't seem to have any issues listed. I assume this is because customers usually report issues by replying through the emails sent to them and not going through the expected workflow ?

I wonder how hard it is to add two big buttons in the order confirmation and order shipped emails to allow the customer to report an issues and leave feedback ?
  • Thank you, Lawrence. I appreciate your continuous improvements!
  • Thank you indeed, a really good improvement, allthough it does raise a question for me: Who determines that a reported issue is resolved, sellers only, both seller and buyer, have you offered yourself the option to step in between and take that action? And what is the time frame to mark it resolved, obviously just sending a mail to the customer isn't enough of a reason to have something marked 'resolved' and there can be dozens of reasons for an issue 'reported', with even more solutions to resolve something, so what's the guideline to consider something 'resolved'?
  • @OverTheBrick Issue reports are a serious last ditch system, the customer should message you first, you don't want them to be doing issue reports first. The order shipment e-mail has a link to leave feedback, it's not a huge button though, because at the point the customer is viewing the e-mail, the order will not have arrived.

@Robernat it's just a simple way of stopping the system from telling you the this report is outstanding, every issue report has oversight from me.
  • Got it. Thanks @Lawrence for all the improvements. Much appreciated !