Other Lego Uses

Does anyone use Lego elsewhere. For myself have used Lego tyres on die cast models. Have recently built a Lego Caravan from I'm sorry to say copy Lego using Lego parts for a die cast Range Rover model. The new Lego Radial Tyres have been fitted very recently to a homemade die cast model pickup and many years ago glued old Lego at the rear to represent lights. Are just curious to know if you use Lego for Lego or Lego elsewhere. Is it mad to do so?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've used it to make jewellery, Christmas Decorations and 2x4 bricks to support some shelves while I fixed them into place.
  • 2x4 bricks to support some shelves while I fixed them into place

Why have I never thought of that - always looked for bits of old wood to do it :) top tip there!
  • We use Lego as furniture. :)

The last Christmas tree was also built out of Duplo.
  • Thanks for your brilliant comments as was expecting laughter! Are deeply impressed with your Lego table- you could start trending Lego furniture!
  • Reducing levels of fatigue and stress in adults, increasing focus and concentration in children with ADHD, stimulating brain cells to promote cognitive development, reducing low-level headaches. Lego has a positive impact on child's ability to concentrate and build self-confidence. Boosts creativity by providing an open environment for every project imaginable. Lastly, it helps young people handle the emotional stresses of divorce or death by giving them a creative outlet for their feelings.

Lego is also being used as therapy tools are used to treat childhood anxiety problems such as separation anxiety disorder (SAD). The National Child Traumatic Stress Network recommends therapeutic play as part of treatment for children suffering from trauma related disorders like PTSD.
    For more about Lego Tables i have found this article really helpful
    https://reviewlog.org/best-lego-table-for-6-year-old/
  • Wow, Stragus, that table is awesome!!! I'm a bit more dull... I use old/trashed LEGO bricks inside my scale models to hold custom LEDs, e.g., there's a lot of those red 1 x 2 bricks hidden behind my Enterprise bridge model holding three separate levels of lighting. :-)