New Store Openning - Old Buyer Saying Hello

Hello,

My name is Chris and I'm from Canada. I'm just about to open my store, BRICK STOP and I'm pretty excitted about it all.

It's been a work in progress, but I'm happy with the results. Thanks to Brick Owl and everyone here for creating a welcoming atmosphere. I chose Brick Owl for obvious reasons...It's a great community and a clean, easy to use interface. For now I'll stick to Brick Owl and see where it goes from here.

I would like to thank everyone for posting helpfull advise and making this as smooth as possible.

Please check out the store. I am not above constrtuctive critisim and would love any feedback you guys can offer.

I love Lego! That's it, that's all.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You've done a nice job there with the store pages, I like seeing effort put into those. Just a typo on "Usefull" on one of the page names
  • Thank you. And thanks for the for correction. Fixing it now.
  • My first thought:
    "The red stop sign and red header reminded me of when a store is put under quarantine on another selling site."
    Maybe changing the color of the banner would be a little less scary.

Other than that the store pages are nicely done.
    From the US the only option to purchase is to request a quote without much idea up front of what the cost would be so I would probably not bother unless I was going to buy a specific items.

• I have noticed the default "Delivery/Shipping" page is gone.

I really like seeing that page. I like knowing what I'm going to pay for shipping before filling up a cart, and I suspect many other experienced buyers feel the same way.

I'm actually annoyed whenever browsing a store that has removed that default page... or stripped out the raw shipping table information.
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Interesting. Thanks for that. I did the logo myself on ldd. I could come up with something a little less aggressive.

I'm not sure I understand the second paragraph. I didn't add any bands because I don't want to over charge anyone. Are you saying US customers have no other option anyway?

I really do appreciate the input.
  • Stragus...understood. I always appreciate just requesting a quote. But I understand. I will work on a more structured shipping/delivery page.
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I noticed you have shared your shipping methods. May I pull from that?
  • Sure @Csherry, that's exactly why shipping methods are shared. :)

I have only shared the international Small Packet ones, you could check this page for the rest:
    http://angrybricks.brickowl.com/page/shipping

The volumes available for Oversized Mail and Light Packet have been adjusted to avoid having to play Tetris too much while packing orders.
  • Haha. I got that, just didn't want to step on any toes my first day.

Good stuff though. Thanks for the help.
  • @Csherry I had a look at your delivery page. You might want to change "ships in 4-7 business days" to "delivered in 4-7 business days". :)
  • Oh brother. I can now see where that would be an issue. Very grateful for the help again. I'm on it now.
  • Welcome ! Nice store you have ! Good luxk with stelling and if you have questions just ask them , im happy to help! Although there are aellers with a lot more experence than me haha
  • @pwpeter Thank you for the kind words. It's been a very good first week... to my surprise. Sent out some orders, so now I'm just waiting to see what my customers think.

@DagsBricks I have stumbled across your guide before, but I don't have a Kindle. So I just downloaded an App for my phone, and should be ready to check it out soon. Could be the best investment I've made in a long time. :)
  • The book's not a dead end either. I (and the forums) are always available to answer questions.