Editing the catalog, clarification please

I normally don't do catalog edits, but I have been recently. So I am new to editing but I am getting the hang of it.

I do have a question or 2 though.

1) Editing the "Primary Category"

This is to determine the type of part the item is, correct? As in if it is a helmet it would belong in the part/minifig/helmet category.
The part in question is also part of series 13 minifig set. This is also a selection under the Category section. The series should be reserved for a "Theme" and not the "Category" correct?

If I am wrong, then why are there 3 selections for the same category?
a. Sets / Collectible Minifigures / Series 2
b. Sets / Collectible Minifigures / Series 02
c. Sets / Collectible Minifigures / Series 2 Minifigure

2) Editing the "Theme"

For adding a collectible minifig series 2 part, it could go under a couple selections:
a. LEGO Collectible Minifigures / Series 2
b. LEGO Collectible Minifigures / Series 02

Thank you,
Chris

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Categories are item type specific so a part wouldn't go in a set category. The theme/category lists show every theme/category ever, so choose whichever one seems to be currently in use
  • ok. My next question then. There are multiple selections for the same exact Theme. Saying it as "2" , and "02". Does it matter where I put hem, is there an actual difference between the two ways?

Thank you,
    Chris
  • ok. My next question then. There are multiple selections for the same exact Theme. Saying it as "2" , and "02". Does it matter where I put hem, is there an actual difference between the two ways?

Thank you,
    Chris
    Even old/un-used categories still exist in the list - best thing to do is check which of the two is currently being used, and if neither then pick the one that closely matches other in-use categories (for example if Series 03 is being used then use Series 02).