Paid but never received - the store closed down

I have placed the order, marked to pay with bank transfer, got order confirmation, paid with bank transfer, submitted payment. Then nothing happened, I have just noticed that the store closed down. I have written several times to the store, no response. What can I do? I would like to get my money back.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Darn, that sounds like a case for the administrator to look into. You are fully protected when purchases are made by Paypal, but less so with bank transfers...

What does the feedback of the seller look like?
  • @barbaraskrlj
    From the order overview in the option tab you can file a complaint on the order, Admin will look into it. Now if the store has been shut down by him, then he is already aware of a problem with the store. But there might be other reasons, like the owner can be on holiday or simply sick. So the reason for store closure must be determined first.
    @Lawrence
    as admin, can you help out the OP or shed a light on the status of that store? You don't need to do so on the forum offcourse ;-)

Now if the store turns out to be a scam, then it will be hard to retrieve the money, but nevertheless you should 1. talk to your bank, 2. file an official complaint with local police. It's a lot of hassle (particulary if the amount was small) but if turns out to be deliberate theft, then no reason to not file a complaint, you have the bank account number, so the police can trace it back when they need to, even if international. This still might not lead to get your money back, but at least the issue will be on file and the 'receiver' will get exposed. Now the reason to talk to your bank is also because banks normally give assistance with lawyers and such (at least here the do), if you have risk insurances. Now an online order doesn't really apply for those, but if you have a decent bank, they will help you out if possible.

good luck!
  • barbaraskrlj has been contacted privately.
This discussion has been closed.