Dymo Users

I've just created basic dymo integration for printing labels from the order screen. Would someone like to give it a try and let me know if it works okay? You can set it up from the new order settings screen.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • OK, you are flat out awesome :) I use the Brother thermal 4 x 6 inch label similar to Dymo, wonder if that would work...
  • I'm afraid not, this is specifically using a Dymo API that I have experience with. Supporting other label printers is certainly something I can look into in the future though.
  • Well no worries, there must be more pressing site issues but if you would put it at the bottom of the list that would be great, thanks! And for the record, you are still awesome!
    Tracy
  • Yep, I agree! Truly awesome! I still need to check printing on my dymo but this feature (again) saves time handling orders.
  • OK call me what ever you like!

What is this about? and how does it work?

Last time I used a Dymo was printing embossed labels on colored plastic strips.

Ive had a quick look at dymo website, and am still in the dark.

Is there a big advantage (worth the cost) over printing labels on sheets from Word?

Thanks Graham
  • edited August 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    They make label printers that attach to your computer. The labels are thermal so there is no ink. I'm not sure if they are cheaper, but it is handy to print a single label rather than repeatedly feed a sheet through the printer, it is also much faster. We have the twin version so we can print a label and a UK PPI (for postage) at the same time.