Promotion

edited August 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
Whilst I realize promoting (or even mentioning) on BL that you have a store here, will get you the boot from BL (for TOS violations)
Is there anything in their TOS that says that you may not make a mention of Brickowl AFTER a sale on B/L (direct to buyers email address NOT via BL messages)?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The thing with Brick Owl that is going to make BL unhappy is if you are selling the same inventory on both sites. In a sense any sale on The Owl will take a sale away from BL. On the other hand if you sell on ebay or have different inventory somewhere else I don't think it is against their terms to mention it 77's Bricks & Sets mentions right in his store terms that he sells on ebay.

/I will not sell outside of BrickLink, but I do sell on eBay (billundbricks77), so please do not ask./

I never saw BL have a problem with this. (His store is currently closed)
    I think that the best way to promote your store through your BL orders would be with an enclosed note to your buyers stating that you sell on both sites. I don't see how they can stop you from including anything like that in your orders.
    Just my observations only,
    Katie
  • Absolutely, however I was thinking of ways of promoting this place (BrickOwl), NOT my store, per-se