Mass inventory update troubleshooting

Not sure what sort of trouble I've gotten myself into. :-)

I made an error and uploaded an older bsx file to update my inventory. I then got an order for parts I didn't have which is what alerted me. When I went to restore a backup it kept many of those old items in inventory. This is because I had to download a restore point then upload as an update. Maybe I did that part wrong? I still had errant inventory.

Next I went to delete all my inventory but the system said that would cause a tear in the space time continuum and I should set all inventory to 0 instead. Alright, done.

I then uploaded a fresh bsx file and expected to be able to root out all 0 quantity items to delete. I did such thing and the result was that my entire inventory showed 0 quantity!

I figured that maybe I had gone too fast for the system so I reuploaded the correct bsx file and waited. I expected to be able to see 0 quantity lots, duplicate lots, etc.

Several days later I now have many duplicate lots (expected) but no option in my inventory to root out duplicate lots (unexpected). I also have no option to find any lots without external ID despite finding them throughout my inventory. I've got many 0 quantity lots, only some of which appear to be due to improper records.

Other than a complete deletion and reupload (only 4 carts open right now) is there a better way to proceed?

Brian

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I then uploaded a fresh bsx file and expected to be able to root out all 0 quantity items to delete. I did such thing and the result was that my entire inventory showed 0 quantity!

I figured that maybe I had gone too fast for the system so I reuploaded the correct bsx file and waited. I expected to be able to see 0 quantity lots, duplicate lots, etc.
    I think that when you first uploaded the BSX file, your inventory had been properly updated, there's just a (long) delay before the updated inventory shows up in searches. Updates do appear right away as seen from the API...

As for a way to proceed, run BrickSync and let it clean up the mess? :) I don't think the web interface offers anything to remove duplicate lots.
  • I seem to remember there being a filter for duplicate lots in BO. Dreaming it?