Got payment for an order from BO that wasn't mine.

Very bizarre.

Got 2 payments and 1 order today. Some random BO order payment for an order I did not get.

Any suggestions? I contacted the payer via the email in the payment to refund and possibly find what happened.
~JU

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • you should post the order number that should be in the Paypal description maybe someone will recognize it.
  • UPDATE: Payer "placed and order" in my store. It does NOT appear in the orders received page, search of my orders, or anything else. However he was somehow able to pay. Maybe the Admin can investigate?

~JU
  • I had one of these once. Admin said that something went wrong on the paypal side and therefore BO presumed it was not fully paid for, so cancelled it. Or something like that.
  • As @Minifigforlife mentioned, this happens when PayPal tells us that the payment didn't go through, but really it did go through. In that case, PayPal takes the payment, and we don't create the order. you should refund the payment, I can reset the cart so they can place the order again, but I will need the order ID. Please e-mail it to the address in the contact us page, which is the best way to contact us for issues like this.
  • @Lawrence maybe we should generate an email/notification to the store owner if this happens.
  • Just curious (as i have no experience on BrickOwl).. So in this case (PayPal payment failed), the transaction is being cancelled and the items are being returned to the inventory? Is this standard behaviour or can this be altered?

I would prefer creating the order anyway and contact the buyer to ask what's the problem. Guess i should choose for PayPal (personal accounts) then in the settings?
  • In cases like this, this is treated the same as a customer exiting checkout part way through, it's just a cart that is not yet an order, no inventory has been adjusted. PayPal tells us the transaction has not gone through, so we cannot notify the store, as we would be notifying the store everytime a transaction doesn't go through. The problem is, PayPal tells us it hasn't gone through, in the same way tells us when it really hasn't gone through, so we can't tell the difference. This is a very rare occurrence, I get told about it every few months or so.

Definitely don't use PayPal for personal accounts, that will cause many more problems