Retrieving color ids

I am trying to retrieve all color ids with the following GET: https://api.brickowl.com/v1/catalog/color_list?key=xxxx and get {"error":"Access Denied"}. Is there something wrong?

Regards,
Rick

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ok, i read the API page more carefully. "Expect order/inventory download and inventory update". Does this mean the rest does not work yet? Can i also add items to my inventory? I need color ids for this to work. Where do i find such a list?
  • Seems like the create and update inventory API is not ready yet. So how can i fill my inventory? Using the manual upload functionality? What's a Brickstore .bsx file and how does it look like? Need to upload 10.000 lots and need to keep sync with our warehouse system. Any tips?
  • The /catalog section of the API requires permission, there is a little explanation on the header of that section. The rest of the API is fully functional. What is the current source of the information you are trying to import, and what kind of ID's does it have?
  • Also the https://api.brickowl.com/v1/inventory/create?key=xxx gives a "Access Denied" response. Current source is our own database. We have our own unique identifier but also a bricklink id, color id and type for each record.
  • @mullie I'm not sure why the "Expect order/inventory download and inventory update" note is there, but the API works perfectly.

The question about the kind of part IDs being used is important, you'll probably have to use the API to translate IDs (of any type) into BOIDs.
  • Ok, thanks for your prompt reply. I will look further into it. Any idea's about the "access denied" response?
  • Guess there's something wrong with the API key that i pass using the POST request...
  • Exactly like it says on the API documentation page, you need to ask the admin for BrickOwl catalog access.

Though, in my opinion, the color list should be available without any special permission...
  • So i also need permission for inventory/write access? I will contact the admin then. Thanks!
  • No, you don't need permission to access or update your inventory. The permission is specifically for BrickOwl catalog access.
  • If you are getting access denied on inventory/create, check the API key is correct, the API key has permission for that section of the API, and check that you are passing the key correctly. Often the key is passed as GET incorrectly for a POST request, so the server ignores it, and therefore it is access denied because it considers there to be no key.

I didn't realise there was that message at the top of the API page about it being incomplete, I have now removed that, that must have been there from two years ago.
  • Thanks, it's working now. For the tech people here, i was using CURL to do the POST request. You should use the 'CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER' option and pass the key here. ;-)