Instructions without Dimensions

Lawrence,

Not sure whether its a catalogue fault, yesterday I had a customer try to purchase a set of instructions which had missing dimensions and the system automatically appeared to try to classify it to a large parcel for which I had no shipping methods set, causing quite a few messages to and fro to try to determine where the problem was to get the order to go through. I've just been through this morning and updated dimensions on instructions that I have that were missing any to avoid this again, but could the default instruction size be set to small parcel for instructions missing dimensions ?

Paul

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What about allowing Request a quote worldwide? It exists to handle such scenarios.
  • The system does not decide between large parcel or small parcel, it has a set of fallback dimensions for instructions that are very conservative. On your store dashboard, there should be a link for you to see the items in your inventory that are missing dimensions, so you can then submit them
  • Thanks Stragus, just set that up now.

Lawrence,

I'll work my way through my current list of missing dimensions
  • edited August 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @lawrence
    There seems to be an issue with displaying special characters in usernames on the forum, If you look at the OP's subscription name, the apostrophe is displayed as ASCII code when he posts a message.

@paul's bricks
    Great to see someone extra shiming in on adding sizes and weights, and indeed your own store is the best place to start, as the system will tell you what is missing. It takes a bit of effort, but you can redeem the gained points for some prizes, so that can be an extra motivation :-)

Now that you activated 'quote request', it might help your buyers, but it is no guarantee they will actually use it, on frequent bases sellers still get orders who are overcharged on shipping due to the safety measurements in regards to sizes and weights, obviously you can easely refund the difference from within the order...
    If you do get a quote request (on low volume carts), it most likely is due to the fact one or more items have no known weight and size, check for the odd stuff in the buyers cart to try to catch the items with missing info, that way you can file changes, send a quote, and the next buyer of the item (and obviously the next seller as well) won't have that issue :-)

Have fun, Eric