Caught out by medium & dark stone

Not the first time I've been caught out by a Medium & Dark Stone image.
I even do a final check now, but I still missed this one.
I try and read the description but as a visual learner this sometimes takes over!
Have a look at the image and have a guess at the various colours.

Admin should I point these out in the future or retake the photo? Other? Or just read the description like everyone else ;-)

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You could enable the coloured dot- i find it helpful.
  • Do you print orders? I print them Black and White. It "forces" you to read...
  • This has given me more than a couple of close calls too as I just read from the device, not print out orders.

The colour dot thing is cool - didn't even know you could do that :)
  • I have also found some images where the Medium Stone is darker than the Dark Stone of the same item.
  • I would REALLY like to see the color dot placed by the quantity rather than the image. When I am looking at the image I am --looking at the image. I looking for item specifics and color. It's hard to train myself to also look at that dot every time to ensure that it is the same as the color that I am assuming by looking at the picture. I try to verify all items by looking also at the color name (which I would love to see in bold). But if the color dot was next to the quantity, which I look at when I am not taking a mental snap shot of the item. I think that it would stand out more, and be a mental trigger if the dot is different from the color that I am assuming. Maybe it is just me, but I have a hard time taking notice of the dot when I am registering the item photo.

Katie
  • If there's ever an item in the catalog where you feel you could submit an improved image, feel free to do so and it will replace the existing image
  • Going to try the colour dots and see how I get on. Have a feeling I'll look past them at the main image.
    Will take a photo and see if it's any better than the existing.
  • One of the worst ones I've seen.
    Have retaken these. Harder than I thought!
  • I made this error today. I guess it's a case of slowing down and ticking everything off. I try and cover both bases, print off and read from screen. Unfortunately, we are only human and make errors. Don't think you can avoid it. As long as your customer service puts right any error. Thankfully my buyer was very understanding :-)
  • Does it have to be a photo of a part here? That seems like a lot of potential variations in quality.
    Why not use something like the LDD to have the part on screen, you can change the colour in the software and screen grab each colour, exactly the same colours, same position, same lighting

Just an idea :)
  • We do use LDD where we don't have better pictures, but the renders don't look that great and they obviously don't have render files for all of the parts.