stripe error

hi,

does brickowl automatically capture stripe payments ?
Because i got this error when i changed the status from processed to shipped :

Payment could not be captured for order xxxxxx, it has already been captured. (Stripe Error - Invalid Request - Charge ch_16TJohAOdUE0FkJrvwjYnkqs has already been captured.)

kind regards,
Peter

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, BrickOwl will Capture when you mark it as shipped.
  • @minifigforlife thx just wanted to know for sure :-)
  • Did you by chance go into your stripe account and capture it manually? I do that on occasions to speed the process up, and then I always get that error message.

Katie
  • @alltrightbricks indeed i did that. I was just wondering if I had it right. Athough if you know how i could speed up the payout by stripe to my bank account i would like to know ! :)
  • @alltrightbricks indeed i did that. I was just wondering if I had it right. Athough if you know how i could speed up the payout by stripe to my bank account i would like to know ! :)
    Ditch Stripe and go to PayPal for credit cards. Funds are in your account instantly, like any other PayPal payment.
  • @Lawrence isn't this just a matter of implementation ? Why not capture as soon as the order is submitted ? I got caught couple times holding orders for more than one week for customers at which point the payment is automatically released if it was not captured.
  • It is common practice in e-commerce to not charge someone's card until you ship. Paypal has always charged immediately, but most Merchant card services wait until shipment.
    Ditch Stripe and go to PayPal for credit cards. Funds are in your account instantly, like any other PayPal payment.
    Stripe only charges 2.3% +30c on foreign transactions, which these days can be significantly less than whay PayPal does.
  • @dadsafol I can't agree to your opinion statement from paypal with creditcards :
    3,4% + €0,35 EUR (national)
    international see the attached picture. (some payments are nearly 5% +0.35 euro)

for me as a seller located in the Netherlands paypal is just expensive!
    as @bluedragon already stated stripe is cost effective for the time being.

and as far as i know there is no direct integration into brickowl or bricklink ?

besides this rather use as many payment methods as possible,
    to give the customer the freedom to pay as they like.

kind regards,

Peter