same part different condition [bricksync]

hello,

for syncing brickowl and bricklink i use bricksync.
I have 3 inventories one with new parts, one with parts which are like new and one with good/acceptable parts.
Now i tried to add 2 conditions of the same part but bricksync won't create a new lot for the good condition parts.

does anyone know how to do this

thanks in advance

peter

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @pwpeter

Hi Peter, did you put 'something' in the description of the lot's? If both lot's have no description at all, then they might be merged, but it surprises me, as if you have different lot numbers, they should be maintained by Bricksync...

Also Bricksync works on Keywords in the description, so if you put: acceptable, the lot should be created on BO as 'acceptable', if you state good , it will be listed 'good', if you state 'very good' it will be listed as 'like new' (personally I don't like the latter, but that's how BS sees it).

So far I had no issues creating multiple times the same item in different lot's (depending on their condition, or with a different 'bulk' setting), so I'm pretty surprised it doesn't work for you (but I do have seperate descriptions for each lot)

Cheers, Eric
  • @robernat thanks for your reply, yes it suprised me to because i know it is possible.
    i have 1 times a black 1x1 plate
    description 1 : like new
    description 2 : good

output of bricklink when i use the addparts xx.bsx

updated one lot zero created

any idea how to solve this ?

peter
  • problem solved : good must be good condition ..... then it picks up the condition. maybe good idea to change this to standard keyword ?

other question ! @robernat, which software do you use to manage you inventory ?
  • The add and merge commands don't create lots, they combine with existing inventory. The difference with merge is that all fields are updated for existing lots, instead of just adding quantity. For a long while, it was just impossible to create multiple identical lots with the BL API (it would just throw an error, I think they recently fixed that).

If you use blmaster and you have multiple BL lots, then BrickSync will sync the multiple lots.
  • I never use blmaster myself because i dont like to manage my inventory on the bl website, just not intuitive to me.

so if I make a file with good condition items i have to first merge them and also regradeuse command or will bs do this for me ?

if have a second file mixed with good parts which are aready in my inventory combined with parts which are new to the inventory.

do i have to use merge or add ? what happens if i use merge in that case ?

thanks in advance

peter
  • @pwpeter The merge command updates all other fields (comments, price, etc.) while the add leave them as they are, except when creating new lots.

The problem you are facing is that lot matching is based on ID:Color:Condition, but the condition part currently doesn't differentiate between BrickOwl's various grades of used.
  • but the condition part currently doesn't differentiate between BrickOwl's various grades of used.
    Do you mean it is not possible to like new, good and acceptable condition at the same time ?

• @pwpeter Not with the add/merge commands at the moment, which weren't designed for multiple identical lots. It's possible though blmaster or by editing the BSX directly... I made a note about used grades for lot matching in the to-do list, but it may take a while.
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    (Duplicate, sorry)
  • @pwpeter Not with the add/merge commands at the moment, which weren't designed for multiple identical lots. It's possible though blmaster or by editing the BSX directly... I made a note about used grades for lot matching in the to-do list, but it may take a while.
    thanks again for the information !!
  • @stragus, just to be sure because i'm going the add like 10.000 pieces in good condition alongside to my current inventory :D

i put on the blmaster
    insert the items in good condition with the remarks and comment box : good condition
    Put blmaster off after uploading and let bricksync sync everything ?

how does it work when i want to update the prices then ?
    I cant do loadprices or can i ?

kind regards,
    Peter
  • @pwpeter The "loadprices" command will also find the first matching lot (ID:Color:Condition) and update that, without comparing the BrickOwl "used grade" for matching.

Most commands weren't designed to support multiple identical lots... Partly because I originally wrote the software just for my needs, but also because BL didn't actually support creating duplicate lots using the API until recently (it would throw some weird error, and it took them 10 months to fix it).
  • @stragus thanks again for answering my questions. Oke than i will hold on to the .bsx file for now until a solution has been found :)