Is the Owl Prematurely Aging and Slowing Down?

edited August 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
When I joined the Owl one month ago, pages reloaded at a lightening fast pace. But for the past few days, it takes 10-20 seconds for me to change pages on the Owl. I have a fast cable connection and page loads on other sites are still very fast. Only the Owl seems to be slowing down. In fact, the Owl is now slower for me than BL. Gasp!

Is anyone else noticing slower page loads recently on the Owl? And what can be done to speed things up if (a) it is the Owl or (b) if it is just me? If it is my computer, why is the slowdown noticed only when I visit the Owl and not on other websites?

Thor

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • NO and we have a cr-one-p connection, actually I have been pleasantly surprised (the other way)

Graham (aka Thunor - which is old English "Thor"!!)
  • Is there certain things that are slower, or every single page action? If there are speed issues, it won't be due to "age" or the amount of data on the site, but rather specific issues.
  • Hi Admin. It comes and goes. Just now it took 12 seconds for the login page to load. Login then took another 7 seconds (which is actually faster than usual recently). Sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds for the Forum page to load. This time it only took 4 seconds. And 5 seconds each for "My Store" page to load and then for my inventory to show. Normally both take significantly longer lately. In fact, right now BO seems a bit faster than usual (but still slow compared to other websites). Other websites right now are loading in 1-2 seconds or less.

It may be my computer, but I can't figure out why it is only slowing down on the Owl.

Cheers!
    Thor
  • Okay thankyou for the information. It's a bit of a difficult one as its something inbetween the database stuff and the user, as opposed to slow code for example.
  • No slowdowns here. At least, not that I've noticed and I'm on this site at least a few times everyday.
  • Same here, no slowdown at all, as fast as other sites
  • I've had slow connections to BrickOwl and I informed admin at that point (some weeks ago). It seemed that javascript code and images were loaded after the page was generated causing the delay.
  • no problems speed wise in n.ireland