Prices are out of line

Something is going on, and I just can't figure it out. Earlier today I noticed that if I scroll to the bottom of my store page, that my minimum buy for my credit card and money order shows as $0.94. But if I look in my settings they are both set at $1. I checked and it showed me as in the US with USD as the base.
So, I've been thinking on that for a bit. Now, I was just in my store and noticed that my $5 minimum buy showed as $4.72. I thought that was rather odd, and wondered what would happen if I tried to checkout with a cart that sat between $4.72 and $5. So, I found a minifigure that was exactly $4.72 and I added it to my cart and proceeded to checkout. When I got to checkout the price changed to exactly $5. Going out of checkout and back to the figure, and the figure now shows at $5, and my minimum buy now shows as $5 and my minimum for credit and money order now show correctly at $1 as well.
I double checked the minifigure price on BL and it is exactly $5. So what is with the $4.72 that I was seeing just a few minutes ago?
Logged out just now, and it went back to the off prices. Logged back in and it still shows the $4.72 instead of $5 and $0.94 instead of $1.

Maybe this explains my recent drop in orders. Buyers are seeing the price jump at checkout? That is really not good.

I think something in the settings is confused, hopefully it is not just me.
Thanks,
Katie

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think most values are stored in GBP...could be wrong, but thats what I recall from way back when...could be a currency conversion issue...

As far as the drop in orders....think that is standard for late june/july...at least based on my history.
  • So I thought it was a currency thing and went on a bit of a wild goose chase there, it's your tax settings, your have setup your prices as tax inclusive, and for the tax to be removed for people the profile does not apply to, so the tax is also removed from other things like the minimums. Usually for the USA most people do the other kind of tax profile, where your prices do not include tax, and tax is added on for the people the tax profile applies to
  • Wow! Thanks for catching that. I just set that up yesterday. I selected the proper one, but the bar must have slipped before I clicked submit and I didn't recheck the page.
    Thanks again!
    Katie