Combining order minimum payment.

Got a customer combing an order. It's only 50p but I have a minimum order value of £1 so the customer can't check out.
Even though I've got a fee of 25p for combining the order which covers my cost.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, not sure what the answer was?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The minimum order shouldn't prevent checkout in that case
  • I think it does. This is not the first time I've had this happen and when the customers have ordered more than my minimum it's worked.
    Customer has tried this afternoon and failed. Then tried a quote and failed.
  • If there is an existing merge able order, it shouldn't error about minimum order. Is the existing order in a combinable state, and the customer saying checkout is erroring about minimum order?
  • You've set a £1 minimum on your payment method. This would stop the customer. You don't need this as the minimum order would cover this.
  • It would appear there's a need for a more appropriate customer-facing message when such issues arise. Or perhaps an automated email to the store owner when a customer tries - and fails - to check out.
  • I was in error on this issue myself today. Couldn't figure out why the buyer couldn't combine with his current order. I even changed my minimum so it wouldn't be a problem, and it still wouldn't let him combine.
    Silly me, I had processed his first order, and have my setting set not to allow combining at that stage. reset that setting for a short time to accommodate him. Felt like a fool, but all's well that ends well. :)
    Katie
  • Lawrence is right about mine. Minimum payment set in payment options.