Order missing when sent for quote

I put items into an order and progressed through checkout to buy it. At the point of postage it was sent off to the seller to estimate postage. Ignoring the fact that other sellers have this programmed in very well, my order has disappeared. It is not in my "cart" and it is not in my "orders". I didn't get a confirmation email.
* Where is it I wander?
* Will it reappear?
* Who was the seller?
* What parts did I order (I had a big wishlist whereby parts to 5 sellers so I don't know without a heap of effort, which parts went to that seller).
* will I ever hear from anyone again?

Anyone else had this?

cheers

Mark

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You actually didn't order anything (this is just a request for a quote).

Once you get the quote back you will be able to checkout once more but this time you will have a shipping price.

There is no easy way to find the store that I know of other than looking at your active carts and trying to remember (which you can get from the top level menu when you click on your name).
  • The cart should still be active with all your parts.

As it was mentioned, requesting a quote isn't the same thing as placing an order. Once you receive the shipping quote, a new shipping method will appear on the cart's page (with the shipping amount quoted), ready for you to accept if you wish to proceed.