Help wanted

If you live in the San Jose area, know your Lego and want to make some extra income PM me.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Still looking if anybody is interested
  • What are you looking for
  • In the short term help on large part outs on as needed basis. If the store keeps growing we will also need help on filling orders sooner than later.
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I was on your shoes before during the frenzy of orders that never stop coming in from March 2014 right to February this year but I managed on my own as I did regular store shut down when inventory it. From what I learned from the posts under QCB store in Bricklink the store owner hired staff to work 4 hours per day to do the part outs. The owner got the sets ready for them to part out, sort them into bins and inventory it every day. So you get the sets ready before they come in to help you out straight away.
  • I am looking roughly to part out 3k parts a day on average to fulfill orders and still grow the inventory.
    I don't think I need 4 hours a day just yet but I think a full day of work once a week would be enough.

I am actually interested to know how many parts per hours to expect. I feel I am myself fairly slow with an estimate of 1.6k-1.7k parts per hour (on well know sets and with good planning).
  • @OverTheBrick is not unique. if you want to turn this into a serious business, at some point you will have to have employees. We added a 3rd full time employee this year.
  • Yes, employees or contracted help of some kind becomes necessary as you grow. We have two part-time employees and one of them will likely go full time this fall.
  • Is this not why we have wives / children..... free labour :)
  • Sadly in California we are only allowed 1 wife so I am already at capacity ;)
  • Sadly in California we are only allowed 1 wife so I am already at capacity ;)
    Hahaha! :D