need help with international shipping

Howdy. I have shipped to canada, UK and Australia, for years on ebay so I know how to print international labels from home but here on brickowl I have opened the store up to a few more countries. I have received a sale for Germany and one for Singapore. I was wondering if anyone know if there is anything different I need to do to ship to these countries from home. I usually tape the label to the package but thought maybe these particular countries required the postage label be placed in the plastic envelopes that attaches to the outside of the package. Also, do I need to have an external invoice to these countries? Thank you so much for your help. I have put off shipping outside my comfort zone for too long and need to learn this stuff.
sherry

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have shipped to Germany with a taped label. The post office staff told me you only need the envelope for priority mail.
  • Shipping from here in Canada, the destination country doesn't make much difference, it's always the same CN22 form as usual.

Here, you only need plastic envelopes with invoices on the outside when shipping Xpresspost International, guaranteed delivery in 4 days (or something) for exorbitant prices. I'm guessing it may speed up custom processing in some countries.
  • Great, thanks to both of you. If anyone else has any differing info, please post. thanks
    sherry