Order Lot Average

What do some of you guys, and girls do with lot averages? Im getting a few orders that are over 2000 pieces, and over 300 lots for less than $20.00. Is there a way to do like the order total must be like an average of $0.50 a lot? or whats a good avg to use for this?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, in your Store settings you can set a Minimum Lot Average. I'm currently having a high lot average of €2 per lot because I can't work on my store full time right now.
    I used to get a lot of questions from buyer who don't understand why they can't check out, but these days it seems fine, with one inquiry in weeks (I think something has changed for the better in the interface/description for the buyer) I'll turn it back down once I have more time, but actually right now it's working out quite well for me. I'm getting more orders than I expected to get.

$0.50 sounds alright, you cound try that and see how it hows.
  • That's actually a great idea
  • Over 300 lots for £20 is seem very low but as you said if you put 0.50 for each lot your order should had been £150 and over which sound right as it a hard work doing all the lots and may last up to few days depending if you have a full time job. I never tried a minimum lot order before but maybe one day I try it.
  • Have you possibly set your prices too low?
  • @BlocksNBodies
    wow, 2000 items for $20, that seems really underpriced, particulary if in 300 lot's (*), I would consider that a bargain, and if encountered, I probably wouldn't say 'no' to it myself.

Now I took a look at your store and see a lot of items priced at 0.009 Euro (so probably $0.01 ? ) in your store, particulary plates and bricks. On top of that you're handing out a 20% discount through the coupon system...
    On the other hand, looking at your store, you seem to have a bunch of items really overpriced (quick glance and based on my experiance), so I have the feeling you are not using tools to help you determine your prices.
    I would suggest to close store, examine or explore some tools to help you to determine averages and work from there. Sure, being a pretty new store it might be good to underprice a bit, I did so when I started selling LEGO years ago, but cutting down to 'dump' prices would probably indeed result in such kind of orders. As Lawrence mentioned: You probably have set your prices too low (and from my point of view: too high on others), and I can only confirm this, after having a look at your store.

(*) selling at an average of $0.01 if you're selling 2000 technic pins in 2 or 3 lot's could happen, particulary if setting 'bulk' discounts (tierced pricing), but highly unlikely on 300 lot's.
    The biggest order so far on BO that I had (quantity & lot wise) was around 5200 items in +800 lot's, mainly dump stuff (so discounted), I was pleased about it, even if it was hard to handle, but...
    it was still +/- $400...
  • Those low to mid 3 digits figures is rarely happen in the UK as a location, I kept reading that a lot of USA sellers get a lot of low to high 3 digits figures even into a 4 digit figure? Never happened here only once went over £300 in BL and another buyer just below that and after few weeks he contacted me he want to order several thousands 1x1 plates in 9 colours which I would get more than £500 that time, alas he never came back online since 17th October so don't know what happened to him as he really wanted to order the plates.