problem with discount code box

I sent out coupons to my customers this weekend and many emailed me saying that there was no place to put the coupon code. Apparently some customers are not seeing a discount code box where it should be. I have asked if they are on a pc or mobile device and what browser and so far the only info I have is that one person using a mac and firefox could not see the discount box. I am waiting to hear back from the others. Does anyone else have any info on this?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @logansbricks
    as far as I know, coupons issued to particular users are applied automaticly when they view their cart, so they don't need to be 'entered' by them, maybe that is the reason? This method differs to a random coupon that is active in your store and that people need to 'enter' in the couponbox, as those are not particular for one user.
    Cheers, Eric
  • It was a coupon code anyone could use, it wasn't user specific. The buyers that are having trouble are saying there is no discount code box. I was looking into this further this morning by trying to place an order in my store and I noticed that once something is in the cart, the buyer is given the option to "view cart" or "proceed to checkout". If I "view cart" then I see the discount box, if they "proceed to checkout" there is no discount box. Is this how the cart should work or is this a flaw in the system?
  • I noticed that the other day as well. #admin is there a reason for that?
  • A coupon codes can be entered in the cart, user specific coupons can be selected from both the cart and the checkout process. It's fairly common to not have the coupon code box appear in the checkout process, as this can lead customers to abort the checkout process to search around for coupons and then end up on another site.
  • Unfortunately, I dont think it is common knowledge that a person must go to their cart to put in discount code because I had 4 people contact me because they could not find the code box. I wonder if I lost any sales because they couldn't figure it out and just moved on.
  • Okay, may I ask how you are communicating these coupon codes to the customers?
  • I sent them an email with a coupon code that can be used by anyone.
  • Okay, did you send the email through the Brick Owl messaging system? I didn't notice one. In the message you may want to advise the customer how to use the coupon.