Bricklink sync.

I would love to load up my store inventory here, but one of the issues I have is the sync. It has to be done manually, correct? I often receive several orders within hours on Bricklink that always buy out random lots. From my experience of selling on Bricklink I know I would end up at least once a week with conflicts between orders here and there, even if I manually updated my inventories daily.

So I had a thought for a better way to sync inventories. Could a program be written to take the emails with my order information I receive from Bricklink and remove those items from my Brick Owl store immediately?

All the information on what is in my order is in those emails, and they come to my inbox immediately. If a program could update Brick Owl based on that information, then that would greatly reduce my fears of not be able to fulfill an order because of items being bought out on both sites the same day. This is the main reason I have not put any of my inventory which I have listed on Bricklink in my store over here.

This could be the closest thing to an automatic inventory sync. if it is possible. I am ignorant to programming and what can be done with these websites, so what do you think?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For the very same reason I haven't listed my entire Bricklink inventory on brickowl, I don't want to risk selling the same item twice, Till something is done I cant open my store with its full inventory on here,
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Lol, I realized a flaw in this idea. If an order is placed here then there is no way to update Bricklink automatically. Doh! I still need to manually update one of the inventories.
  • It is possible to update BL inventory from BO orders and vice versa using the API for BrickOwl and the XML update for BrickLink. You need to be proficient in coding and have your own site where you can log data. However, you will still have to regularly sync your inventory becuase if you part out a set or change an inventory on BrickLink, there is no email or trigger to send the update across.
  • isnt that what the "BL sync" feature does? - in just a few clicks (I admit haven't tried it yet)

if so wouldn't automation be possible using a simple script run locally on your PC?

Granted I am not a computor genius...
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It is possible to update BL inventory from BO orders and vice versa using the API for BrickOwl and the XML update for BrickLink. You need to be proficient in coding and have your own site where you can log data.
    It's all Greek to me, but it sounds like automation may be Possible? It would not be a big deal to manually update after I part out sets or input inventory. The issue comes in when I receive orders. I pride myself on delivering what is ordered from me, so I need my inventory to be updated quickly. I am away for periods of time and I often do not even check my store over the weekend, so constant manual updates in not an option for me.
  • Automatically updating inventory on BL when a BO order is placed and the other way around is possible since that is what I have been doing. I do not automatically update new uploaded inventory (although this should be possible) since that is not needed to avoid selling items twice.
  • Automatically updating inventory on BL when a BO order is placed and the other way around is possible since that is what I have been doing. I do not automatically update new uploaded inventory (although this should be possible) since that is not needed to avoid selling items twice.
    I know zero about API, anyone who has set their store up to do this and has the time/would be willing to set up ours PM me with a quote on how much you would charge please :)
    Tracy

This discussion has been closed.