Not sure about Mobile BO

I'm really not enjoying the mobile version of BO on my iPhone 6.
Can I switch to the normal version while on mobile?

I went to show a potential customer BO on my phone and it didn't come across so well.
Compared to a month ago before the changes. I showed BO on my mobile to the manager of my local Lego Store and he loved it. He also said he'd recommend it to customers who were having trouble finding parts. The next time I went in he'd used it to identify some parts when choosing for the PAB wall.

Then today while in the Post Office after a very good weekend of orders I realised I hadn't marked 1 of the parcels if it was 1st or 2nd.
Didn't like having to guess the order number.
Took a while to guess right!

I think there's a setting to print the order number on the address label but I don't really want to do that!

I also missed a couple of combined order quotes over the weekend and charged full postage. Not sure if it was all my fault or how it's shown on mobile.

Am I the only one struggling?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I really, really don't like mobile BrickOwl either. The desktop website was working just fine on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

I also disagree with giving priority to Google's "mobile friendliness" criteria over usability for people actually using the website.
  • The mobile version actually works much better on a mobile. Perhaps there's a halfway house needed, but I certainly don't want to have to go back to having to use the desktop version on a mobile.
  • I do intend to make some sort of "view desktop version" button. FYI you can use the order search to search by name
  • Yes I realised I could have done a name search afterwards. Just used to that sort of info being one click away.

Just went to do a mass feedback and realised I have to click on every green plus to then select every box I want to leave feedback for.

Really feels like a step back at the moment!
  • I also miss in shown picture of the app in orders the value amount per order, as we act on order value Always in locating payments ofcourse. further then that, i think it works fine, but the desktop version was a bit easier, i agree. (iphone 6 also)

• I also disagree with giving priority to Google's "mobile friendliness" criteria over usability for people actually using the website.
    Unfortunately I think BO are correct in giving Google priority as people Google LEGO and don't Bing etc it, especially here in Europe where Google search accounts for 90%+ of all searches. Google have therefore pretty much a monopoly on Search results.

Although a site could appear better without having to adhere / conform to Google's preferences, sellers on a marketplace such as BO will lose out if traffic is pointed to other sources for their bricks.
  • edited May 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Unfortunately I think BO are correct in giving Google priority as people Google LEGO
    It's better to give priority to Google than to people using the website?

For example, please see the following screenshots. If I were a first time BrickOwl user facing this, I would hit "Request Desktop Site" right away. If that didn't work (it doesn't), I would probably leave, no matter how high it's ranked in Google.

These are serious issues that should be fixed before going live, even if it meant temporarily losing some points in Google's rankings.
  • @Stragus I wasn't aware of that bug, I'll get that fixed.
  • The bug highlighted in the screenshots above has now been fixed. I have also created the button at the bottom of the site to force the desktop mode for mobile devices.
  • Cheers Lawrence! =D> :-bd <:-P
  • Well done Lawrence, I feel at home again!
    You don't realise what you've got until it's taken away.
    I can read all the text while in landscape without zooming on iPhone 6.