bricksync adds items in the wrong color

hello all,

I use bricksync to sync my inventories but something strange is happening atm.
If i add item 2447 in color trans red or metallic gold the item is added to the trans clear item of 2447 ????
this happens when i use the merge and add xxxx.bsx command

does anyone have the same problem ? and solution ?

kind regards,
Peter

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I will test this in a few minutes.
  • @stragus thx, do you need any information ?
  • @pwpeter I can't reproduce this, and the color translation tables appear up-to-date and working fine.

Can you explain precisely what you are doing, and how the result doesn't match expectations?
  • i make a .bsx file with 1000 x 2447 in trans-red. then i go to bricksync and do merge name.bsx it says updated one lot with 1000 items. then i look on the website / tracked inventory and it appears to be in the trans-clear color 2447
  • I have done the same thing with no problem. What version of BrickSync? And if you type "verify", does it find any problem with the inventory?
  • Also, after creating the lot, please type: find 2447 Trans Red
    And copy/paste the output.
  • version : 1.5.5
    the file i merge is in the attachement with the command reply.
    find 2447 Trans-Red reply is in the photo. it wont add it to that color but to trans clear

thanks for you fast response !

• Okay, here's the explanation: your BSX file must have a LotID field set for that part 2447, and that LotID matches your existing lot with Trans-Clear color. BrickSync finds the matching LotID and that has higher priority than any matching ID:Color:Condition.

It might be appropriate to enforce that matching LotIDs must also match ID:Color:Condition... or at least print a warning.
  • Unfortunately "lot ID" is a hidden field in BrickStock. I don't believe there is a way to display or edit it. So for example, if you opened your current inventory in Brickstock, then copied a row to a new document, changed the color, and saved -- it would save the original lot ID with it. That could be ugly. Note to self: never copy from current inventory.
  • Good point @DadsAFOL, I forgot LotID was a hidden field in BrickStock for some obscure reason...

BrickSync 1.5.9 coming up with a fix shortly, ID:Color:Condition must match when items have LotID references. Thanks @pwpeter!
  • @stragus no problem ofcourse. is there a temporarily workaround for this ?

Could you tell me what the difference is between an lot ID and a item ID ?
    How does bricksync use this feature to match items ?

@dadsafol so if i change something and the lot ID does not change with it i have a problem ?
    Because i copy pasted my inventory and set every lot to 0 zero then i added my new pieces and did merge bsx. this means i have now a lot of errrors in my inventory ?
  • @pwpeter If you add new parts in BrickStock, they won't have LotID fields set so it's all good. If you modify existing items (or copy/paste existing items), the hidden LotID field might be an issue. You can review and compare BrickSync's backups.

The temporary workaround would have been to edit the BSX file in an editor and remove LotID tags, but version 1.5.9 now discards LotID references if ID:Color:Condition don't match exactly (... only for commands that load BSX files, just a LotID must match when processing orders as BL enjoys changing part IDs regularly).
  • @stragus thanks for the explanation I understand it now.
    I have tested the new version and so far i can see it works !
  • @stragus does this also means i can copy past items from the inventory without problems ?
  • Yes, you can copy/paste items without problems, the mismatching LotID references will be dropped (as also noted in the log file).
  • @DadsAFOL
    Lot ID's are hidden indeed in Brickstock, but they can made visible and can be edited (or simply be deleted), it's a bit tricky to find it as it is in the editing button to make certain colums visible or not.
    Just figured this out and actually quite handy as it will help me to retrieve some stockroom items :-)