How much do you sell for per month?

Hi everybody. I have a small store, BricksNorway. I sell for approx 150-250 usd per month. I am curious to know what the potential for my store is. Do any of you guys want to share figures on what potential sales on BrickOwl are? I am quite straightforward here, and totally understand if you dont want to share info, but I think its worth a shot to get a feel for the sales potential on the site :)>-

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's not a linear function. We have 24 times your inventory and sell on BrickOwl somewhat less than 24 times your volume per month. There are, of course, many factors involved.
  • Thanks for the reply. Bold and clear, i like that. Certainly I understand its not linear, but its nevertheless of interest to hear from others how they do. Thanks a lot for sharing, much appreciated! =D>
  • I opened up a store here and on BL last Sunday. On BL i have already made about $400 USD from 7 orders while here i haven't got any orders at all just 10 active carts. Have a retail store in Las Vegas and wasn't really wanting to go online but a guy talked me into it and said BO would be the better market.... Having a hard time seeing it haha.
  • @BlocksNBodies I would recommend setting up your international shipping methods, people don't expect to have to request quotes here.
  • THanks for the input. Do any of you know how the BO-site is developing, as far as total sales go? Is it becomming a real contestant to the BL-site, or will it be marginal for years on? I like BO very much and hope it will succeed!
  • @stragus ill get to it thanks for the input.
  • @BricksNorway
    Since I opened my store here on BO, september 29th 2013, I've seen an ongoing growth of this site, most of the time with more orders per month then on BL, however the average of orders is lower then BL. BL buyers seem to tune more their cart content, while BO buyers seem to just buy what they need without getting some extra's to fill their shipments.

Won't speak 'value wise' in public as I consider that private information, but I can tell that percentage wise, the value of total sales has been nicely spreaded over both websites for me: 46% on BL, 54% on BO, so BO wins it and must say I also sold 1 pretty expensive item on BL, if I count that one away, I get 58% for BO and 42% for BL. So I wouldn't dare to call this site 'marginal', on the contrary, the more data gets in the database (= filling in the gaps of the past), the more buyers will find what they are looking for, the more they will buy...

My number of orders since the day I opened my BO store is +700, during that same time on BL, I had only 370.
    Sold +42000 items here, and only 24000 on BL during that same period.

My conclusion is that buyers here are smaller spenders, and buy more cheaper items compared to BL, but that is most likely due to the fact BL has more 'rebuilders' of retired sets, something that is more difficult here, as a lot of data for older sets is missing. I'm sure overtime this will improve, but it relies on the 'contributors' efforts to get that done, unfortunatly it seems not many are putting in efforts, might be due to the fact they only sell parts from newer sets and not so much 'used' or parts of older sets.

Now it took BL nearly 15 years to get where it is, BO has only been running for 2 years, but from my point of view, it is already being a serious competitor, and not just a 'sidekick' ;-)
  • Hi,
    i have opened my little store at the beginning of this year and i have only 10 orders completed.
    In the last month i've changed my shipping prices and i received a little plus orders then before.

As @Stragus said, many factors are involved (prices,items listed, shipping policy, shipping prices,etc etc)
  • All I can say is I spend about $3,000-$5,000 a month buying new sealed sets to part out into my inventory every month give or take.