Request a quote

A seller's setting is Request A Quote for a set I want to buy. I've only made a few purchases so far and all have been auto checkout (which I love!). If I proceed with requesting a quote, have I truly placed an order and am obligated to buy? I have every intention to follow through if the shipping is reasonable but if it's not, what are my choices? I couldn't find any help pages or forum discussions about the quoting process. Thanks.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Requesting a quote is what it sounds like: you request a quote and then decide if you want to buy or not.

If you look at your cart after receiving the quote, you'll see a new shipping method to accept the quote.
  • Perfect. Thanks for replying so quickly and my quote is now requested.
  • I've had a few people ask me this.
    Is there a way you could make it clearer @admin
  • Requesting a quote is what it sounds like: you request a quote and then decide if you want to buy or not.

If you look at your cart after receiving the quote, you'll see a new shipping method to accept the quote.
    Hi,i've the same doubt.
    When i click to Checkout after marked the "Request a quote option", do i have to complete also the next four steps (shipping address, payment method,etc) or not?
    After that am I obligated to buy?

I think that the word "checkout" could be missunderstood and it could be easier if, when "request a quote" is selected, it change its name in "Send request a quote" or something like that.

What do you think about it?