Shipping Setting Woes

I have been selling at Brick Owl for over a month now with no major issues with my shipping settings, but suddenly in the past 24 hours, I have had two non-local (but Canadian) buyers complain that 'local pickup' is the only option available to them. I double checked, and I have 'local collection' checked for that shipping method, so I'm not sure what has happened. One of my potential buyers is understandably very upset because he spent an hour creating his order and was unable to check out. I have disabled local pickup in hopes that it will force my other shipping methods to kick in. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It looks like you only have one shipping method available for Canada, which has limits on it, so if anything exceeds those limits, there will be no shipping method available. Also, you have that shipping method marked as local collection when it's not a collection method.

Furthermore, you enabled "Only show if no other method available" on "Request a quote", so request a quote will never show up for Canadians when you have local collection enabled because you have the quote marked to not show if another method is available.

You can test your own shipping methods by filling up a cart in your own store and choosing the country in the cart.
  • Oh dear - sounds like I've made a mess of it all. Strange that everything worked so smoothly until I added local pickup as an option for a buyer on request. I've disabled it for now, and I will try to figure out all the other mistakes. Luckily, the international orders keep rolling in, so those buyers at least mustn't be having any issues. Thanks for your detailed answer!
  • Maybe this is as good a place as any to ask another thing I have been wondering. The reason I only have one shipping method set up for Canada is that once the order becomes a parcel instead of lettermail, the price varies depending on which region of Canada the buyer is in. I can't find a way to break down the buyer's location any more than just 'Canada' in your system (e.g. by province or region). Am I missing something? Thanks again!
  • It's not possible to break it down more than country at the moment