Question - Adding Weight Data

I just bought a scale which measures to .01g and I can now add missing weight info. for several items. When adding the weight of a minifigure that has a cape, should I include the weight of the little box the cape comes in? I assume that most sellers don't remove the cape so my opinion is that it should be included.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @lotsofbricks.com
    Please do not add weight of packaging materials like those little boxes or weights of baggies like for some Friends minifig subparts.
    Weights must be submitted as if the fig was builded, so actual weight. By adding the weight of those little boxes, if a buyer buys a lot of figs with capes, this might result in a higher shippingcost for the buyer, or he might leave 1 or 2 figs 'out' to drop under a certain weight limit and then the seller sells less...

Yes most sellers will leave the cape in the cardboard, and normally this should hardly affect an orders weight, but in worst case, if it does cause a weight issue on an order, the seller can always remove the cape from the cardboard box. I've had cases where I packed the capes of 3 or 4 figs in one little box and threw out the others, also an option in such case.
  • You're right. It makes sense to only weigh the actual pieces. The weight of the packaging materials is something that sellers account for in their shipping charges anyway.