Blog is outdated on home page

@Admin as in over a year, no polybags or news for 2015?

Perhaps remove the blog posts… just a suggestion :)

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I absolutely agree.

I once told someone about BrickOwl and their answer was: "But it's dead, it hasn't updated in over an year". Seriously, please consider removing or hiding these blog posts from 14 months ago.
  • @Stragus that's bad. I didn't want to remove it as it helps with SEO, but looking out of date is worse.
  • @Lawrence Good point, another solution would be to write up a new blog post then. :)

Also, it would be great if you could take a few minutes to approve pending minifigs, minibuilds and other catalog submissions. The blog isn't the only thing slightly out-of-date.

• @Stragus - I **think** Lawrence is pretty much the only one at the helm - which must be a heck of a lot of work.

@Admin - Lawrence on the blog posts why not seek contributions from members?
    on "the rest" seems like you could really use another body over there! ;)
  • Or perhaps include news instead - as in new product - doesn't the site get direct (or indirect) access to TLG database - seems set inventories appear before release?
    @Stragus - I **think** Lawrence is pretty much the only one at the helm - which must be a heck of a lot of work.
    If Lawrence is alone to manage everything, that's because he wants things to be that way. :p People have offered their help in maintaining the catalog.
    A while ago, he hinted that he could accept contributions for blog posts. Do you feel inspired, Graham? :)

• @Stragus - I **think** Lawrence is pretty much the only one at the helm - which must be a heck of a lot of work.

on "the rest" seems like you could really use another body over there! ;)
    I think I mentioned contributions from members last time this was brought up.
    Also adding Lego events that are coming up.

Is it possible to set up a password so some key members can edit the blog?
  • As a person with a marketing degree, SEO is something that is extremely important as most know. Looking outdated is bad for business but having fresh content every week is great for a lot of things, not just SEO.

It is good for:
    Marketing
    SEO
    Being "in the know" with products
    Looking fresh and exciting
    And SO much more!

If a choice had to be made, sure delete the blog, but the better option for BO and all sellers is to keep the blog and be updated to increase traffic from search results.

I would volunteer my time to write a blog post. Although I do marketing, my grammar/English isn't the best. So hopefully spell and grammar check with MS office 2013 catches everything :)

Chris
  • I agree with Graham 100%, why cant we help out with news and facts?

@Admin, perhaps a *fun* way of giving some points to contributors?
  • I'd be happy for users to contribute relevant well-written blog posts for the blog. If you'd like to do that, probably the best thing to do would be to use your own store's blog first, and then if you think they be suitable for the general blog, send me a message.
  • I agree with Graham 100%, why cant we help out with news and facts?

@Admin, perhaps a *fun* way of giving some points to contributors?
    If it has your signature/link underneath, the exposure that generates should already be enough of a reward :)
  • @Lawrence you are welcome to pull content from www.dagsbricks.com. I imagine the set reviews would be the most relevant.
    I would volunteer my time to write a blog post. Although I do marketing, my grammar/English isn't the best. So hopefully spell and grammar check with MS office 2013 catches everything :)
    Sounds great, budgetkids!

We can review the post for any error or, worse, improper and blasphemous use of a serial comma before a coordinating conjunction. :)
  • @Stragus Yes, don't get me started on commas. They are my worst enemy! Ok, anything that office doesn't catch is my worst enemy :P