Neutral Feedback?

Hi All, I received neutral feedback regarding shipping times from a buyer, even though the order was shipped as per my store policies. Regardless, when I leave feedback as a seller, all I see is a positive option?

Did I miss something? If admin is approving requests for feedback other than positive, you would think a neutral feedback left for this reason would not be approved? Not a big deal, just not sure how this is working now.

giser

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @giser
    Buyers can leave Positive, Neutral or Negative.
    Sellers can only leave Positive.

Why would you wanna have a 'lesser' FB option as a seller?
    To retaliate?

The buyer left you a FB that reflects his(her) opinion on the transaction.
    If you feel the buyer is not right, contact the buyer and point out that you followed your indicated deadlines. You may convince him(her) that the FB received does not reflect reality, and if he/(she) understands, they might finally retract the FB.
    On the other hand, a neutral does not affect your percentage, it is what it is, a neutral, but it is still a FB, if you manage to convince the buyer to retract, then you have 1 less (a retracted FB cannot be reposted). In a few days or weeks this one will be a few pages further and nobody will ever pay attention to it...
    So I wouldn't be to much worried about a neutral... Only negatives make a difference in FB scores, but so far Admin seems to have dealt in a fair way with any issues related to such, not a reason to bug him over every - FB received, but if there are actual reasons that would have valid points to have him look into it, I'm sure he will.
    Should a non paying buyer get a negative or neutral, should a 'foul' playing buyer get a bad FB?
    So far there is no reason, as other tools exist to expose such, there is the ONR or 'filed chargeback' reports, there are other options like getting in touch with Admin, or in worst case, a public exposure.
    But at any time, and past has learned me this, is to try to communicate over it, that is offcourse *if* the other side is willing to listen and to talk (majority of buyers)

You really shouldn't be bothered by this neutral IMHO ;-)

cheers, Eric

• Why would you wanna have a 'lesser' FB option as a seller?
    To retaliate?

No, not retaliation. I just wondered why there was only a positive option, when clearly there are other buyer options. I left a positive for this buyer following his neutral feedback.

The buyer left you a FB that reflects his(her) opinion on the transaction.
    If you feel the buyer is not right, contact the buyer and point out that you followed your indicated deadlines. You may convince him(her) that the FB received does not reflect reality, and if he/(she) understands, they might finally retract the FB.

Done and done. I'm not looking to remove the feedback, I just feel bad that this is the first time I heard of any issue with the order, and its regarding policies that are clear on the store page, or the postal service which is out of my control. If faster shipping time was required, it should have been communicated.

I was mostly just looking for some explanation. Ironically, I don't purchase much on BO so I'm not as familiar with what the buyer sees. I just was curious if the buyer had to make a special request to admin to issue a neutral or negative since I only saw the positive option.

I do find more value in the feedback than the ONR or chargebacks. At least we could check with other sellers as to their experiences with buyers that have "iffy" feedback.

Thanks for the input Eric!

• I believe there's some restriction that says a buyer can't leave neutral/negative feedback without first having contacted the store. I assume he must have sent a message at some point, even if totally unrelated to the shipping time.
  • @Stragus that's just for negative.
  • I believe there's some restriction that says a buyer can't leave neutral/negative feedback without first having contacted the store. I assume he must have sent a message at some point, even if totally unrelated to the shipping time.
    Nope, no communication. Oh well. It's hard to manage expectations when they aren't communicated. Best to move on. The other hundreds of orders I've had seem to be be alright with my products and services ;)

giser

• I have just experienced what you have described. Unfortunately, my research of the situation took a very dark turn - More about that in a moment.

I shipped an order within my dispatch guidelines on my store page. I also left positive feedback for him.

I understand that a neutral does not impact me very much, but I want to resolve ANY problem or mistake. This is also my first non-positive.

After receiving the neutral feedback with the message, "Ok", I emailed a query about this and asked what I could do to correct any dissatisfaction.

After a couple of days, I received this message from him:

"shipping was slow and theres was something else I no longer remember and if I could I would change it to negative bye"

I had not asked for the feedback to be removed or changed, but only to let me resolve the issue.

I'm not sure what to say... Normally, I would just forget and end it here.

I typically leave feedback shortly after payment with a marketing bump to advertise my store. I did that in this case as well.

I have stumbled upon information that makes me VERY uncomfortable with my store name being connected to this buyer through my feedback message. I am also VERY distressed that my positive feedback my be an encouragement to other sellers to interact with this buyer. I would not be so worried if we were all dealing with another product. The fact that most of our products are designed to appeal to children make this issue especially maddening.

Ideally, I would like to be able to remove my positive feedback for him. I don't care about the neutral he left me...my interaction with him will be pushed down by future feedbacks.

I would also like some facility to be able to share notes with other sellers on concerns like this. I am purposely being circumspect, but those of you who are interested will know how to see which buyer left me a neutral, and I encourage you to do your own research or to ask me.

Paul
    Hi Paul,

It best not to leave any feedback until they give you one first as I do not leave any feedbacks if buyers don't want to leave you one. You can remove it as there a trash can but cannot be repost it. There a block customer feature on your store settings so to prevent bad buyers who are not serious about Lego but come to ruin your reputation or expected Lego as a gold or diamond type or blame you for the slow postage..

Agreed there should be a note since there no Neg or Neutral options toward the buyers like in BL where many put NPB messages, warning messages to other sellers on fraud, fussy and rude. This was useful to me when I get orders and I checked the buyers FB history. Only warnings here being issued in in the forum like someone posted about the French buyer and problem with Aussie posting systems.
  • THANKS, Jiries.

Yes, I agree with all that you say. Unfortunately this is not a case of a fussy, rude, or even fraudulent buyer. It is much more disturbing. I may try to write a separate generic discussion on this.

You said, "You can remove it as there a trash can but cannot be repost it." GREAT! But I can't find what you are talking about. Can you point it out to me? Thanks.

Paul
  • @noteworthys Open the order, click on Feedback Left, trash can icon to delete.
    @noteworthys
    No need for a different discusion, the system is what it is, and so far it has not proved to be causing a downfall or an overload of negatives and/or neutrals towards sellers, and I'm sure Admin is not only monitoring this quite oftenly, but he is also stepping in when he sees the need. Let's not forget that *if* the current FB system *should* start to hurt way too many sellers (particulary repeatedly), it would also hurt the site, and so it would hurt himself. If there are no reasons to change anything, then not much point to rediscuss over and over the FB options. We can express our thoughts or concerns, sure, but if the system ain't broken, there is nothing to 'repair'.

@Jiries
    The different 'report an issue' options allow to expose buyers (or sellers for that matter) and those are logged against the members account, and can be read in a order overview, if you notice an unexpected high amount of *any* issue, then you can take precautions, or can notify Admin from it. But it only works if sellers actively 'use' those reports, after all, that is what's it was designed for.

In general we need to get rid off our habit's, most of us are very used to the BL system, we know it's flaws, we know it's advantages, but it is also not perfect (and no FB system is), and it is used by a lot of people who are many AFOL's, and we are used to the system. The BO FB is very different, it has it flaws, it has it's advantages, it is also not perfect, but so far it hasn't proved to be 'worse' then any other either, so why worry about it :-?
    Sure the number of buyers 'leaving' a feedback is fairly low, it's probably an entire different public that acts very differently in regards to Feedbacks, but is it really a problem? Surely most sellers would like to see more feedbacks comming their way (or see orders being set to 'received'), but what *is* actually the whole point of being a seller? Sell stuff, make money and moving to the next buyer. Or sitting around your Computer to watch your feedback grow?
    I would be more worried if the number of buyers 'complaining' about something would start to rise up dramaticly 'percentage' wise, compared to BL, but I hardly see any difference in buyers behaviour between the 2 sites, so I believe we can continue to rely on the systems the way they have been build, each in their own way.

Eric

• but what *is* actually the whole point of being a seller? Sell stuff, make money and moving to the next buyer.
    Eric
    Uhmmm, no offense Eric, this is by far the worst sales/selling description i have seen in a long long time, im quite sure you mean it diffirently then i now read :) (and i now by only taking this part of the sentence it looks very diffirent)

Very simple, the moment you start feel selling is like descriped above, please stop selling!
    If you dont have the need to check your potentials, for example with FB then i think you dont really like selling anyhow.

I love to go over the FB scores, check what people wright about us and see if we can improve in any way. for me personnaly, the only and bast way to messure if what we are doing is the correct way, is by the amount of returning customers, thats it. It is very easy to find a customer, its very hard to get returning customers, in any market place with any product. So for me FB is very very important.

:)
  • @BrickFeverParts
    Yes, the sentence looks different because you skipped the sentence that came behind it...

But tell me: when you buy a car, or a newspaper or bread, to you go back to the store the next day to tell them how wonderfull the car is, how interesting the news was and how good the bread tasted ?
    Generally you don't do such, you're happy with your purchase and yes, you might go back to the same place later on to buy another car, another newspaper, another bread, then you have become a 'returning' customer for that seller, and that's what's it all about, deliver a product that satisfies a customer, without him/her actually telling you, but hoping he/she will be back because of it. But in the mean while, as a seller, you have new customers, and you need to make sure you're offering them the same service and product as the previous one.

Going over FB scores is good, but it's not from the positives that you learn, it's from neutrals or negatives or simply by messages from buyers that tell you there was something wrong. Those are the ones you learn from, not from the xxxx positives, they only 'confirm' what you know from yourself ;-)

• Well, for me it is a little diffirent then how you describe to be honest.

FB is not for them to tell me how they feel, its what they tell potential other buyers.

If i had a blast with the salesperson while buying a car, kitchen, newspaper etc etc, i will not tell him or her that, but i will tell others on birthday partys where you meet other people. With that FB the others might decide to take a look at the some store to see if they can get the same experience.

for me FB is just that, tell others about your experience......

But i need to apologise for ripping your sentence from the total line, hahaha, that was a bit dodgy :)

• Yes, FB serves that purpose indeed, but it's not because the vast majority of buyers here do not leave any that it means they are unhappy, it also doesn't mean they don't come back...
    We learn from many more parameters over the course of years then just the FB system (well I do anyway) ;-)
  • For that i do agree with you 100%! ;)