Lord Business or President Business

I'm curious what the minifig guidelines should be or what people think. In the set Lord Business' Evil Lair:
http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-lord-business-evil-lair-set-70809#inventory
A minifig was created for President Business (regular legs and hair) instead of Lord Business (long legs, funny hat, cape). The set provides the parts for both.

Should we have a Lord Business minifig? If a President Business will figure in the set inventory, perhaps the other minifig should be fully independent of the set? The other marketplace lists a Lord Business, not a President Business, so the current situation is not very consistent for people synchronizing inventories.

Any guidelines or opinions on the matter?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think having a Lord Business minifig that you could part out into a President business mining + parts would be my favorite option. The Lord Business would be the fig part of the set. (I think it would sell much better this way)
  • If the Lord Business minifig can part out into President Business plus parts, then the inventory of that Lord Business minifig won't match that other marketplace for inventory synchronization. That wouldn't be very practical.

We could have both minifigs, but I assume only of them can be in the set inventory, so the other one would be some kind of... orphan minifig, without any origin under the "Comes in" tab.
  • I already asked admin this months ago and he suggested to create a mini-build for the lord business fig. I never came around in doing so and besides that would make the inventory syncing stuff even harder.
  • As the responsible party for this, here is my reasoning - I obtained some sets early, before BL had it inventoried, and before the movie release - so the set made little sense!

President Business "looks" like a Minifig and appears on the side of the box (with the other figures), Lord Business appears on the front of the box, and at the time was incomprehensible.

Later I noticed folks on BL had chosen to make Lord Business the Minifig leaving an extra wig and legs in the inventory - personally I don't think this is the way it should be.

I see no problem re-editing the inventory if it is desired to "fall in line" with BL. Altho I think it likely as time goes on there will be more discrepancies, example the Dragon in 70403 on BL is in category animal/air wheras here on BO it is a minibuild
  • edited March 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Lawrence

If we create a new minibuild for Lord Business, could a minifig lookup such as:
    /v1/catalog/id_lookup?type=Minifigure&id_type=bl_item_no&id=foobar
    correctly resolve to that minibuild BOID?

I wonder because I created a Dewback minibuild long ago, and the submitted BLID was either refused or the Part lookup is failing. Should we use a Minibuild "type", or such, for id_lookup?
  • @Stragus
    Not sure what happend with your submitted BLID for the dewback, but after your post yesterday I decided to submit it, it has been approved and now it resolves fine ;-)

The Lord Business is technicly also not a problem, just has Bart from theHellmouth I also suggested it to Admin months ago, there is no reason to have it 'discarded' and yes it should be in catalog IMO. Also my 'lack' of time has prevented me of doing so, but I have it myself in my minifig collection, so unless someone wants to do it next 24 hours, I'll take care of it. Just 'yell' if you wanna have it done by me earlier ;-)
    This will need to be a manual entry (not a composed one from the inventory) as it's a minibuild (allthough more of a maxibuild :-D )

Eric
  • edited April 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @RobErNat
    The Dewback still doesn't resolve. I'm talking about this minibuild:
    http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-dewback
    for which the BLID would be 16875pb01c01. I have some listed for sale because I used the owlforceblidcommand in BrickSync, not because the BLID resolved.

I'm concerned about resolving minibuilds. If I try to resolve the BLID tlm029 (Lord Business) by id_lookup for a type Minifigure, will it fail because it's not actually a minifig on BrickOwl? Can we even do a id_lookup for minibuilds? If so, it's not documented. Should software systematically falls back on trying to resolve an ID as a minibuild when a part/minifig lookup fails?

@Lawrence I think we could use a little guidance here!
  • If you use an item type of Minifigure, it won't show Minibuilds, you would need to use an item type of Minibuild
  • So whenever a part/minifig BLID lookup fails, the code should try again with a Minibuild type. That works for me, I'll fix that in BrickSync 1.5.1 this evening. Thanks!

Eric, I look forward to your Lord Business. :)
  • @Stragus
    @Lawrence
    Either I mis-tested 16875pb01c01 and used 16875pb01 to test and so the BLID hasn't been approved.
    Or it was approved and removed after my post ?
    Anyway, the number should get attached to the dewback.

@Stragus
    The current Lord Business in the BO catalog is incorrect, it should be exactly like tlm029 and not the way it is attached to set 70809 right now , dunno who did it like that (with the hair), I acctually didn't look lately at the inventory or the current fig. For me the 'real' lord business is with the fully builded stilts, and therefor a 'minibuild'. So what needs to be done is to adjust the current minifig in the inventory of the set and therefor the catalog AND add a 'Lord Business on stilts' as minibuild.
    To only way to do step one is if the current fig is removed and the parts returned to the inventory to create the new fig (normal lord Business), or a manual entry for a new fig, and replacing the current one by the new fig afterwards.
    But it needs action from Admin.
    Step 2 is purely manual...

Eric
  • No no, let's leave the President Business minifig in place, it's too late as some sellers are already listing it for sale.

I suggest we just create a new Lord Business minibuild, that is completely independent and not in the set's inventory at all. That will allow people to sell Lord Business minibuilds if they desire to do so.
  • @RobErNat Just to confirm, did you submit the creation of the Lord Business minibuild? I submitted several other minifigs/minibuilds that haven't been approved yet.

BrickSync 1.5.1 is ready to resolve Minibuild BOIDs.
  • @stragus
    No, didn't submit anything lately, I have been way to busy walking in and out restaurants and walking to the pool and lay there on a seat for most of the day getting a tan skin (and getting fatter offcourse) :-D

Back home now, but now I need to go over +2500 Comic books to value them and prepare them for a fleemarket early may, so no time for LEGO in the next week or 2 ;-)
  • @stragus
    No, didn't submit anything lately, I have been way to busy walking in and out restaurants and walking to the pool and lay there on a seat for most of the day getting a tan skin (and getting fatter offcourse) :-D
    All right. As an excuse, I would say that's a pretty good one! :D

Lord Business is now up and running (and yelling "The Kragle!!").