UK postal increases 30th march + new airmail large letter size

Uk postage charges are set to increase again on the 30th march 2015 , upon looking through the bumpf , i can see a new large letter rate for international airmail , previously 100g to europe had to ship as a small parcel £3.45 but now if the item is 2.5cm in height ( the same as uk large letter ) it can be sent international large letter £2.45, more postage refunds to calculate :(

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • They give with one hand and take away with the other!
  • With the oil prices going down meaning Royal Mail should be making more savings from transport? I been looking into giving buyers here option to go for myhermes for medium parcels as they are half price cheaper than Royal Mail and a bit cheaper on small parcels but only if they happy to wait longer as they are not fast as RM.

Best thing to do now is to use 2nd class as some buyers got their orders fast as next day. Wonder how it will effect UK store now with this. I work with them and wish they increase the 5mm gap to 10mm for light weight airmail package as I got an BL order from Netherlands for 2 rare 4x4 tan dish which is so light and within 5mm gap but I gave him a letter price of 97p which is now £1 on new price. I wouldn't like to charge him £3.20 for a 2 dish so I stick the 97p stamp, took it to my work on duty and straight away put in Netherlands bag, the buyer got it next day and extremely happy with it. I help the buyers as much as I can when possible and will do for very light weight orders which I get it often here. Good thing Royal Mail decreased the price for Europe for small parcels but letters could had been better at 10mm. There are are magazines that also breach the 5mm gap too so they should increase it to 10mm.
  • Royal Mail will keep putting prices up using the 'universal service' excuse until they're freed from those obligations.
  • As they are not freed yet they are losing a lot of big customers to Whistl, used to be TNT as my work colleague got his council tax bill and it was delivered by Whistl so RM had lost a big money as to send council tax bills to 29m properties here. Whistl is rapid expanding and I look at their site to see if any good for buyers here to use it on their orders but mostly for bulk mailings.
  • Looks like they are all going the same way. French postal service did changes on january 1st, no more small intenational parcel(which had insurance option) replaced by international letter up to 3 cm in height but no more insurance available.