lego 7191

On the my store dashboard page I see "lego 7191" as search query with a huge amount of results. When I use this search term on the catalog I get only 16 results, 10 are parts. When I do the same search on my inventory I get a huge amount of hits with no direct link to the search query. What field triggers the search result here?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Essentially what is happening is because there are no results for Lego 7191, it does a OR search, so the search results you are seeing are for just the term Lego. It may seem odd in this situation, but it makes more sense if someone were to type "Lord of the rongs", in that case "Lord of the rings" items would still come up
  • And on the catalog it's AND I guess?
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It's the same system on both, but there are results on the catalog. It does an and search then an or search if no results.
  • What about excluding "lego" as a searchable keyword? I can't imagine that the result of searching "lego" would be meaningful to any shopper. In the case of "lego 7191" where 7191 has no match, showing "no results found" is probably more helpful to the shopper.

One thing that would be cool is to put a step in there to search related items. So if 7191 is not explicitly found, return a search results for all star wars sets.
  • On the topic of search results, one of the top searches in my store is "3001". I have 2x4 bricks in many colors, but the "results" counter shows zero. If I click the search link, 2x4 bricks come up as the first result. Is the counter counting only title matches or something?
  • With regards to the search results thing in your dashboard, it's just a bit crap. I've removed some data to make it more accurate.
  • This issue again surfaces: I search my inventory with the keywords: trans orange plate and get back all kinds of plates where orange is in the color. So magically it does an AND there but not on the first word? Is there a way to enforce the search to be AND instead of OR?
  • Try searching "transparent orange"