What am I doing wrong.

So I have all my weight bands set for my USPS first class shipping method. Starting at 0 grams and going up in increments to 311 grams. But when I add to my cart once I go past the 141 weight band it then only shows request a quote as a shipping option. I'm staring at the chart and nothing jumps out as wrong to me.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Katie

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It may be the dimension limit being hit, the dimension limit seems very small on that shipping method if it is meant to be for a package.
  • I put 104 1x3 bricks in my cart and it defaulted to request a quote only. I just tried 11 2x8 bricks and 20 2x16 plates and it shows USPS as an option. And this new cart actually weighs more (I assume) than the 1x3's and dimensions of the items are bigger. So that makes no sense to me.
    I do not have a number set for the volume limit or the total dimensions limit.
    Thanks
  • I have checked this over, there was some issues with the volume calculation which are now fixed. You can fit 124 1x3 bricks in your package. Your shipping method has a volume of 26.2cm2 I believe and the bricks total 26.18cm2. The volume is calculated from the dimension limit you specify.

Let me know if that still doesn't look correct to you.
  • So my dimensions limit affects the whole package not just the individual items even if I don't have the volume limit or total dimensions limit set ?
    I'm a little unsure how to set my dimensions. I want to exclude bulky pieces and baseplates, and have all other basic pieces only be measured by their weight.
    Any suggestions or numbers to help me out?
    Thanks,
    Katie
  • Ok, I think maybe I'm getting it. I readjusted my bands and I can now fit 250 1x3 bricks in the package as that is the max weight limit. I would appreciate knowing if I it looks wrong for some reason. Or if I should be more or less cautious. I think maybe it will just be a learn as you go.
    Thanks again.
  • The size limits are for the whole package, but as a result they are also for individual items. The size limit should be set to the actual size limit of the package that the post office specifies, minus a margin for error and packaging of for example 20%.

I think it is certainly a case of learn as you go as you say, hopefully you will find what works best for you based on how you pack things and the kind of orders you get.