LinkedIn

hello,
i was wondering if any other user here on BrickOwl receives messages from a user trying to add them to something called LinkedIn??

Since i registered here I received already 4 or 5 messages like that. both in my BO Inbox and my personal E-mail account..

The Name of the guy is Jeroen Flesseman and it says he is located in Netherlands...

any Information i greatly appreciated..

regards
rebecca

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • LinkedIn is a professional network kind of like Facebook, but without the drama and foodie shots. It's a completely legit site, I've been using it for years. I'm even connected to a few AFOLs. However, it is supposed to be used with people you have done business with and can recommend.

Could be he is blindly inviting people from his address book to try to artificially increase his network. Just ignore.

Brian
  • Thanks a bunch..I've never heard of this site before, that's why I was a bit worried, since there is so much hacking going on now a days..

Thanks again for the info..
  • Hi Rebecca,

Seems I am the "guilty" party here..., Dagbricks was right in his explanation regarding the site "LinkedIn", about my motivations to send an invite to you I don´t agree.

My guess is (as I answered you before by mail) is that I clicked a wrong button and my whole gmail adressbook was scanned by Linkedin (and invited). Since my Brickowl (and Bricklink) accounts are linked to may gmail account (and we apperently (directly) had contact before about Lego (haven't checked myself) your email was noted as Invite worthy...., (apperently LinkedIn keeps reminding you...). For this I (by email) already apoligized.

@DagsBricks: was not looking to "grow" my network... :), otherwise spot on the money....

What I find uncalled for is posting this question on this forum..., (including my complete name).
    Not that I have anything to hide, but it kinda shows you don't care about other persons privacy yourself! (after the 1ste mail you just put it to spam right?)

Jeroen E. Flesseman
    Bricks We Are
    (BWA)

• @BWA

Good thing you took the time to explain yourselve here, as it is very rude to just open a post on a forum including full name and whereabouts!

I have had the same *problem* with Linkedin oneday, where linkedin send invites to anyone i had contact with via my Hotmail, very annoying indeed!

Even if you did it for reasons like expanding your network, well, thats whats linkedin is for isnt it.

Thumbs up for your explanation!

George