How to sort items in order

Hello guys, I am new to BO and git a question about sorting incoming orders.

Especially the list I am asking for, if there is a possibility to order the ordered items that new parts and used parts will be in a row or batched together?

in that chaos system its totally stupid for me because i have my drawers separated in used and new, so its clever to pack first one of the conditions, after that the other one.

Happy selling
Pierre

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

If you give your drawers numbers, and put these numbers per part in the my remarks section, then you can filter your order list on my remarks.

If your drawers 1 to 50 are new parts, and 51 to 100 used............. :)
  • oh no, thats too complicated, wait, i show a picture...
  • So on one side starts the used parts, and after them are all new parts in the same descriptions (BL catalogue) so i really NEED to see orders sorted by condition, part name, color
  • Funny that your pc is on BL :)

I agree its a hassle to start with a system like that, but it will save you loads of time in the future and picking an order lightning fast.

• We for example named all rows starting with P (parts) we are slowly starting to build up a used parts system and will name these rows starting with U (used) .....

I agree you dont want to make the misstake by sending used for new etc.

Good luck!
  • edited March 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi oldbrixandmore, welcome :) I had the exact same question and a similar-though-less-elaborate set-up for my shop which you'll see if you check out my front page :D

It is done by first click on the arrows next to "condition", and then while holding the SHIFT key, press on the arrow next to the item sorting option. This will split the items into new vs used and within those categories according to the order chosen from the pull-down menu.

Unfortunately there's no way to do this on a tablet computer. I actually borrowed an attachable keyboard in order to do this once, but at some point I recently messed it up again so I have to borrow it again :D

I hope something will be done so this will also be possible on tablet computers. Even on desktop computers it's quite tough to figure it out, so it can definitely use some improvement. I would love it if there simply be a list where you can drag the parameters around so you can create your own hierarchical list that's easy to understand and to modify.

(I believe that we in our system can be just as lightning fast as the remark system, or even faster if you count ALL of the time (adding AND picking) but many will disagree and it'll be an eternal discussion I think.. :D to each their own :) )
  • I think, the system I have ( and You as well Teup) is the fastest, easiest and best you can have!

Sorry, but I want to have a fixed pale for each part, not searching it once in drawer 172 and once in drawer 512. That was the way i started ebay and Bricklink years ago, but the larger the order number became, the more problems i had!
  • I think, the system I have ( and You as well Teup) is the fastest, easiest and best you can have!

Sorry, but I want to have a fixed pale for each part, not searching it once in drawer 172 and once in drawer 512. That was the way i started ebay and Bricklink years ago, but the larger the order number became, the more problems i had!
    Exactly, and you should see me adding inventory, everything pre-bagged in bags of 50 and just without thinking opening and closing drawers with hands and feet dunking the bags everywhere, $1000 worth of inventory in drawers in like 10 minutes :D No need to look up any numbers or anything. The argument often used is the flexibility but with spacious drawers and a few spare empty drawers it is actually surprisingly easy to contain inventory fluctuation :)
  • Exactly, and you should see me adding inventory, everything pre-bagged in bags of 50 and just without thinking opening and closing drawers with hands and feet dunking the bags everywhere, $1000 worth of inventory in drawers in like 10 minutes :D No need to look up any numbers or anything.
    It's an interesting system, though I'm still not convinced it's faster. :)

Here, we do have to look up numbers for every type of part, but it's pretty fast. I wrote a little piece of software (a lot smoother and faster than BrickStock) just to locate parts and optionally enter/change the remarks. I think finding the code might take an average of 3 seconds per part?
  • @Teup @oldbrixandmore

Sounds like a good system also, i refrain from discussions on that :)

We work in couples, a *runner* and a *counter*
    the counter screams a drawer number and the runner goes to collect it and bring it to the counter

Pretty fast, hahahaha.

Cheers
  • @Teup @oldbrixandmore

Sounds like a good system also, i refrain from discussions on that :)

We work in couples, a *runner* and a *counter*
    the counter screams a drawer number and the runner goes to collect it and bring it to the counter

Pretty fast, hahahaha.

Cheers
    I'll have to try that with the wife :D
  • Hahahaha Hoddie, sounds like a plan, please give me an update on how she responded to that!
  • i do that all by myself, so i needed a system to go straight through the stock once per order, and i do not have the time to walk in crosses to be effective. i have about 300 orders to solve a month, some take 2 minutes, others an hour, but in my experience, it is the most effective way I am working i tried others, also with numbers as well.

by the way, thread problem solved, there are small marks on the top of each order, there i could sort by condition as well. I am happy! Thanks guys! ;-)
  • i do that all by myself, so i needed a system to go straight through the stock once per order, and i do not have the time to walk in crosses to be effective. i have about 300 orders to solve a month, some take 2 minutes, others an hour, but in my experience, it is the most effective way I am working i tried others, also with numbers as well.
    Exactly, if it's all sorted by alphabet you start on one side and end on the other :) The objection is often that some categories are larger than others, but I have for example 2 bins for tile modified, and 6 or so for plate modified, split up according to dimensions. It's a bit arbitrary but very easy to memorise, even if you have a wife or other family member help you out :D

by the way, thread problem solved, there are small marks on the top of each order, there i could sort by condition as well. I am happy! Thanks guys! ;-)
    Yes, that was what I told you ;) First you press the one for condition and then the one next to the item sorting pull down menu while holding shift down. That way you get New A-Z followed by Used A-Z ;)

(Admin can we please have this on tablet computers too :O )
  • if you had told me exactly that, I did not get it *sorry*

It does not work on an iPad? I have to test this!
  • It does work if you press both sequentially without holding Shift down for the second one, but the trouble is that it doesn't save that setting. Once you move on to the next order, you have to do that again.
    If you hold shift down you'll see that both arrows turn up blue, and that's what it remembers.

So, for now we have to press both the arrows each time we open an order on a tablet computer. Pretty annoying, I hope it'll be improved soon!