Are TLG S@H being less than honest? (Bricks and pieces)

Curious if anyone else has encountered this…

Whilst doing taxes which is aggravating to say the least…

I have been reconciling my bank account with LEGO invoices and encountered numerous anomalies.

This is only with Bricks and Pieces.

As I couldn't match the invoiced amount with charges made to my card I suspected that either they had split the charge or charged a different amount than is shown on the invoice, I went thru one by one and found two that had indeed been split. No problem there, but I had another 10 with no match… I called customer service and asked them exactly what they had charged my card.
Of those 10 ALL had been charged MORE than was shown on the invoice, not by a small amount either (varied between 5 and 10%)

Only 2 had a charge that equalled the invoice. The answer I got from cust service was that the invoice "is more like a packing slip"! Really?
Said invoices show Total Net price, Shipping and Tax - then a Grand Total - which is less than the actual charge - which means that the sales tax is wrong too.

Be interesting what my accountant has to say when I present all this to get my taxes done

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I had similar issues.
    One of my larger order go split into multiple shipments sent over a fairly long period of time. They charged my debit card multiple times (once per shipment) with amounts that I still do not understand and didn't match the "packing slip". The only think I know is that after adding everything up it was the correct value...
  • My invoices are way off only 2 out of 12 add up - and those were split as you mention
  • Thought you may want to know that this is NOT an isolated incident (thanks for the heads up K) - suggest y'all may want to check any B&P invoices against bank account.

I usually order once a month for my "play" pieces - all but two of last years orders were charged more than the physical invoice I was sent.

I wasn't offered a refund - just the lame excuse ⬆above⬆
  • Never seemed to have a problem with them before. Packing slips have matched amounts I've paid though it has been split into two payments for whatever odd reason.
  • edited March 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down

Said invoices show Total Net price, Shipping and Tax - then a Grand Total - which is less than the actual charge - which means that the sales tax is wrong too.
    Weird! :( Here in the NL we have a different issue, S@H doesn't send legal invoices with orders at all! Only a thanks letter and a packing list. They're pretty weird compared to..... all other businesses I've shopped at.. :/

Besides that, I don't recall clearly what kind of issues I've had with them back when I still ordered there but it involved resending money back and forth and cancelling erroneous orders etc.. they're quite a mess at times.
  • That reminds me that I recently ordered 3x 79011 Dol Gudur Ambush on sale, and there was only one set in the box I received (and I have been charged for all 3). I decided not to contact S@H as I was already over the limit of 5 per household, and I heard too many horror stories of lifetime bans for suspected resellers.

Human errors are far more likely than (supposedly) automated accounting errors, like the posts above would suggest. That is definitely weird.
  • @Stragus this is a different issue my comments are regarding Bricks and Pieces orders.

BTW they will refund or send the remaining - the over the limit thing is somewhat flexible - I have been "allowed" to place orders of sale items "in excess" but at least a couple of weeks apart.
    I've never had an (unresolved) issue with the S@H dept. - Just B&P orders - G